Guest Warren Rhen

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lard.

I knew he really meant Fatty the other day,

when he named you Taffy.

Of course wool has its own built-in lard, or lanolin as the sheep prefer to call it.

Vaseline is no substitute.

hi-tec

See – I knew it!

And what's all this about, Jaap? I've heard of ventilation, but I think this chap is taking it to extremes.

merino_h_o.jpg

He'll catch his death of cold, going about like that.

Their underwear is meant for extreme outdoor purposes... "Enjoy" the great outdoors like this moron...er...model and you'll be sure to ventilate your nuts off, the hi-tec way. :D

But those t-shirts are excellent!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roadslayer

You might try looking into silk products. I know it might sound "faggoty". But I found a set of Swedish Army underwear at the surplus store for a couple of dollars (US).They will last forever and are smooth as ,silk. What can I say? Type in silk clothing on the "net" and see what happens. You may not have to spend much and can bypass the namebrand "hoopla" at the same time. That is unless you just have to have "Kawa Davidson" tatooed on your butt cheeks so you can bend over and........... well let's just forget the rest. Love Jip Whitefield aka roadslayer

Guest Roadslayer

Yeah. Back again. Forget the 'perf stuff' in the cold.Try a heated vest. I know it sounds 'faggoty' but 'by golly' I'm fucking old and don't need to ride in Feb' when it's fooking snowing.Here in the Pacific Northwest of North America we're on the same latitude as Nova Scotia and who the hell would want to ride in that rectum hole? 'Plug in' and get 'lite' or just wait. Jip Whitefield aka roadslayer

It looks like biology to me and not to technical.

I don't think this topic belong to "Technical Topics"

Hey, what you wear under yer kilt, er, leathers, is your business unless I can benefit from knowing. Then it becomes "technical." :nerd:

The kayakers in these mountains use a polypropylene weave called 'capalene' which is ideal under either leathers or the textile riding suits. And there is no substitute for the gerbings electrics in temperatures below 50*F. Riding under 38*F you need rolling tire warmers as well.

i've never heard of them 'melting' ( no personal experience) but I do remember some magazine tests where the seams would fail on jean-type riding pants. Also, there is no impact protection which is mighty nice for that first millisecond ( some personal experience). :o