spring Kentucky Spine Raid (KSR)

Joe

On 5/25/2023 at 10:11 PM, Joe said:

Rick, how about this car? Old school MotorWeek Flashback video, super cool Alfa.

Old news, but I just checked in and saw this.  Wouldn't mind a V6 GTV at all.  Goes with my 3.7 Mustang...

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 10:10 PM, Bill Hagan said:

A few brief — by my wordy standards, of course :D — on the above.

Thanks, Docc, but I did not coin the “Garage Mahal,” and, in fact, that label has been on long use WRT garages. My only twist was to call mine, the GarageMahalo.

That was a play on words based primarily on my gratitude for having what I had, and have. We had lived in Hawaii for a few years and the word Mahalo for thank you just seemed right.

I am, by the way, back in Kentucky. This time in Daviess County for my semiannual Mutton Run. The event is tomorrow, but I left on Thursday with some buddies and just got here. Visited Cadre Cycles and Gateway, two great dealers. I’m trying to decide between the Navale edition of the V100 or the Guardia D’onore V85. Or, perhaps most wisely, neither.

Had a fine time at KSR; more when I get home.

Bill

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5144.jpeg

Guardia D'onore!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The other day @ work , we started out on a Bourbon conversation that very quicky  became "technical" !  

Now , I need to survey the group . Was Woodford Reserve your fav or another ?  

Hairsplittin" is expected .

• Haha 3

My favorite — albeit for sentimental as well as qualitative reasons —is, regrettably, no longer made.  

Think I have mentioned it here before: Yellow Banks.  Sigh.

i-FVrfckp-L.png

It had, iMO, that almost perfect hint of sweetness that made it a pleasant sipping bourbon that lingered wonderfully when the glass was empty … always too soon, no matter how one tried to be disciplined.

At least one reviewer agreed with me; see: 2020 Review of Yellow Banks Bourbon

I happen to have one unopened bottle left that I am saving for the right company to visit.  Nearly [:grin:] everyone here qualifies.  :drink:

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, when's the 2024 Kentucky RAID?