Suspension Survey

LaGrasta

I rode to work again today, taking the freeway entrance/exits at high speed, OH BOY! That is so fun, handling mucho better!

• Like 2

G'day

Well with a break in the weather on Thursday I thought I'd brave the cold and take the bike into the office as I really wanted to try the C6 and R12 fork set up.I was pretty impressed with C4 truth be told...

The first 20 kays at -1 were brutal on the hands and it took 5 minutes to get my wallet out of jacket at the servo to pay for my gas....Thank god it warmed up further on.

Anyways on the way home..Wow!

Theres this one BIG dip early in the piece just out of sight after a tightish left hander (this is after a series of great corners to get you in the mood) usually taken at about 100 k's because of it.I've tried several lines through it and hit it every bloody time a coconut so you can't avoid it! It's a huge hit and definitely wouldn't take this corner at any more than 100k in fact often slowed knowing it was coming up! 

Well the other week at C4 it was a BIG improvement BUT holy snapping ducks urine Batman...This time around it was hardly noticeable.. just another wee bump in the road! I thought maybe I finally got lucky and found a way to avoid it but no I definitely hit it!

Very impressed and can't wait to test it more, as couldn't ride the rest of the road at my usual pace due to traffic wet roads and the looming spectre of a polaroid in the post for a previous misdemeanor!

Cheers

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 10:49 AM, LaGrasta said:

I rode to work again today, taking the freeway entrance/exits at high speed, OH BOY! That is so fun, handling mucho better!

You better know if that off ramp is a sweeper or a 90 degree turn . I used to do EXACTLY that until I was up in Ky and went to do this . I found myself grabbing hold of every cast iron rotor on my 87 SE to come to an almost stop and then going 25' , then a complete stop and appreciate what just happened and living to die another day .

There is nothing wrong w/playing Rossi , just make a practice lap first .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be "doing" the triple nickle (555) at the Ohio rally next weekend. It's er.. occasionally challenging.. from South to North. North to South can be a sphincter squeezer.  You'll come to the top of a hill with a sign saying left turn for instance. What it doesn't say is it's an *immediate* left turn once you get to the top. :blink: I boiled the brake fluid on the AeroLario the first time I ran it that direction. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, gstallons said:

...off ramp is a sweeper or a 90 degree turn

Off ramps are tricky. You never really know what you are going to find at the bottom. I tend to take them a bit easier.

On ramps, on the other hand...

All things being equal, they lead here very often on to an unlimited section of Autobahn, and it is in your interest to hit it (the Autobahn...) already doing a respectable speed.

Except if you have to tuck in behind a truck (speed limit 80 km/h), or there are road works, or there is a traffic jam, or there is lots of traffic and you have to juggle to get in, or....

So yes, I enjoy (on) ramps that I know, but always with a bit of reserve for unforseen circumstances. B)

• Like 2