Nineteenth South'n Spine Raid 2023 Tennessee USA

docc

On 9/11/2023 at 5:43 AM, pete roper said:

Nice! Needed a loop and a V100 to round it out.

Amazing looking at that, fifty years! The Tonti seems like only yesterday! Fu*k I'm old!

Josh's Tonti was my favorite bike there ..and might I say " He rides the PISS" out of it..Makes he want one now..Although I wouldn't look as cool as he does on it!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

I had a great time at the spine Raid last weekend

It was a great pleasure to meet all the Forum members in person and put a face to them.

Everyone I met was friendly ..I'm glad I went..It will always be a memorable occasion for me and my " bucket".

( lots of good riding and roads in that neck of the woods too, (Tenn and KY) )

The Guzzi ran awesome..It was almost 7000 miles by the time I got home and it never missed a lick, not even one small problem and there are plenty of big wide open spaces between here and there that a fella wouldn't want to break down in... It didn't use enough oil to be able to see on the stick..

A larger fuel tank would have been a PLUS..but hey...no complaints!!

You made it back in <4 days!?!?! :notworthy:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

Thanks for bringing out your Air pump to top off my air pressure while there Bill....Great looking bike you have there as well!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

@KINDOY2

As far as I can tell, that must have been around 1,000 km a day for three days. I'm impressed. :huh:

And that, apparently, on a Griso. Not necessarily known as a great touring bike, not like a GTR 1000 Kawasaki, for instance.

That shows a certain amount of dedication. B)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

@KINDOY2

As far as I can tell, that must have been around 1,000 km a day for three days. I'm impressed. :huh:

And that, apparently, on a Griso. Not necessarily known as a great touring bike, not like a GTR 1000 Kawasaki, for instance.

That shows a certain amount of dedication. B)

I did some touring and sight seeing on the way out but  I had a couple 1000 mile plus days ( quite a bit different than KM..) on the way back .. I am always like an old  Horse who smells the Barn once I get going home.. .

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I feel I would be Remiss if I did not give credit to Pete Roper and all the knowledge and advise he has given me on the maintenance and preparation of my Griso ...Very appreciative . The proof is in the results...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Josh said:

My new friend @KINDOY2 and I @Josh after a great ride through the backroads of Tennessee.IMG_1904.jpeg

I had a great time riding with you Cats!!..Josh you ride the heck out of that Tonti!!! It was a pleasure meeting you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1