Nineteenth South'n Spine Raid 2023 Tennessee USA

docc

A couple years ago Nicole and I found this Gas station Ice Cream shop just south of the Tellico Lodge. It's home of the smallest ice cream size the "Sissy Cup":grin:

IMG_6772.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For those of you rolling the north Georgia roads, @buellish1 reminds us about the restaurant at TWOS in Suches on GA HWY 60 . .

https://twowheelsofsuches.com/restaurant/

Check out the thread buellish1 just posted about the Georgia Moto Guzzi Campout, Sept. 22-24:

• Like 2

From some early South'n Spine Raid [SSR III/2007], this tribe of F'karewe Indians in PowWow near the Nantahala . . .

179077839403_0_BG.jpg

"Where the F'karewe ?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the updates (and heads-up!) :notworthy:  @Randy  . . . :thumbsup:

Pretty sure TWOS/Suches,GA is our most reliable Saturday destination, by whatever routes.

Lunch meet-ups at either TWOS or, maybe, Rod's Rockin' Rolls in Ducktown on the way back to Tellico Plains . . .

• Like 2

On 8/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, docc said:

Oh . . . my! Coming on two weeks out! I need to get my silly$#!t together.

"Hand me that spanner !" . . . . :luigi:

IMG_2583.JPG.jpeg

;)

It stuck in my mind so I've kept looking at this and I see the hold up...their's NO Hammer!

• Haha 5

On 8/25/2023 at 11:51 PM, KINDOY2 said:

It stuck in my mind so I've kept looking at this and I see the hold up...their's NO Hammer!

*Doc* is the Hammer. He's behind the camera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can’t wait for the next Spine Raid, last year was epic. Quoting Kale, “ this was the best weekend riding of the whole year”. I agree.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Can’t wait for the next Spine Raid, last year was epic. Quoting Kale, “ this was the best weekend riding of the whole year”. I agree.

True, but, for me, the ride there is a journey of joy.  :bike:

OTOH, the 500-to-600-mile ride there generally leaves me drained, so the SSR is more a “rest & refit” time of beer, bourbon, and BS than local riding, tho Kathi and I will do a bit of two-up while there.

No matter how many times I ride that general axis of advance — and it’s been MANY — to the SSR, Atlanta, Hiawassee, or other points to the SE, there’s always something or someone new to make it fun.

This is my planned route on the out-leg for this year.  Map doesn’t show the short bump north, but I'll likely RON in Princeton, W.V., as I usually do.  

i-HX5wT5X-XL.png

I am less happy with the Day 2 run, and will likely mod that into something very different and less straight and trafficky, even if longer. 

I will launch on Thursday; arrive on Friday afternoon sometime before BENT.  Kathi will drive down on Friday.

I’ll not even think about the return on Tuesday — from my brother’s house in Hiawassee, not Tellico Plains —  until the night before.  Serendipity is the best planning technique.  

As I noted — in an (unintentional, I swear) serious thread drift here, https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/18925-what-music-do-you-listen-to-share-your-favs/?do=findComment&comment=292234, I just pulled the rear tire — an OEM-mounted Dunlop Meridian — and put a Michelin Road 6 on the wheel.  It awaits the black-art of static balancing.  Regrettably, I am no magician, but we shall see.

i-96gptRs-L.jpg

i-n9cfNLM-L.jpg

i-6WHRFv8-L.jpg

Bill

• Like 7

Our plans to ride into north Georgia, Suches (TWOS) and maybe lunch there, or in Ducktown at Rod's Rockin' Rolls looks like good thinking. Remember, there is no "group ride", no Road Captain, no route plan, no:seriously. <_<

Take a look at the area, have a ride plan, make friends. "Get There. Bring Tools ."  :race::luigi:

With my best navigator talents, I have to declare the Cherohala a No-Go.

Not even to Bald River Falls . . .

Screen%20Shot%202023-09-01%20at%208.49.2

• Sad 1