Password issue if using multiple computers to login

p6x

I have a new computer; I could not automatically login to my V11LeMans account, thus I had to use the "change password" routine. I found it odd since I knew my password, but it was not accepted.

I set a new password, and was logged in.

Then I wanted to access the forum using my old computer, and correctly, I was asked to enter the password since it was no longer the one stored by the browser. No joy!

On my new computer, I attempted to change the password from my profile, but could not either. Even if the old password is stored but not shown, the site does not accept a password change this way. I am still getting logged in automatically but I can only use one computer, and to change my password, I need to use the "password forgotten" routine. Not the profile edit.

• Confused 1

Over the last weeks I have logged in here on various different computers. This one at home, my phone, and a couple of different machines at work (yes, I am allowed to do that...).

Never had a problem. Perhaps it is relevant that I always de-select "remember me". I wish the forum would allow me to de-select that permanently....

I was unable to login using the assigned password on my new computer.

I used the reset password routine, and entered the password you assigned; it worked on my new computer.

I went to try it on my old computer and as reported initially, it did not work while I was still logged in with computer 1.

Now, I am log out of computer 1 and try to log in with computer 2.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 11:46 AM, audiomick said:

Clear the cache and cookies and what have you in the browser on the old computer. It may have "remembered" the old log in...

The fumble was because of the autocomplete with an incorrect criterion.

• Thanks 2