Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas - 2023 Edition - Tour stops report -

p6x

1 hour ago, docc said:

They do send you a medal or a trophy? A "sticker", at least? Welldone, there, @p6x!

You get a rocker patch with the year's millesime; the patch has either one or two stars to distinguish 25 or 50 stops completed.

I found it is a good incentive to ride. Even if this year, the temperatures made any venture challenging and the tropical rains are posing a problem from the safety point of view. I use the Radar app, and I plan my rides carefully.

When you see what happened in New-York and New-Jersey, you need to be factoring the weather seriously. The current infrastructures were never conceived for this kind of rainfalls.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PJPR01 said:

Congratulations!! 50 stops…super well done!  I’m way behind at only 30 stops but good enough to earn a patch!!

IMG_0486.png

The most important is that we feel alive....

• Like 3

2023 50 stops rocker patch arrived to ornate my decades old jacket.... (purchased in 2003).

Photo at the top in the reporting thread.

Looking forward to 2024!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hhhmmm....very nice indeed!  Maybe I'll get mine today at home as well...I can spend an hour sewing it on next to the Guzzisti Nomads and 100th anniversary patch!

Next year, will be doing the Tour, but probably a mix of Guzzi/Honda for a bit of variety!

• Haha 1

The Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas made a kaleidoscope of the photos taken by the participants.

Interesting to have a view of the people that do the tour, some of them returning each year.

As you would expect, there is one brand which is majorly represented, many trikes too.

Which brand is the least represented? if you have the patience to watch the video until the end, let me know;

• Like 1

Well...we know at least 2 Guzzis are in there!  I found mine at Comanche around 2:18 into the video, will watch the rest later tonight to find yours!

My 2 favorite stops this year: 

1.  Mural of Outlaw Josey Wales in Corsicana, since that's my favorite Clint movie of all time.

2.  Hotel Blessing...the sweet old lady who has worked there about 1/2 a century took pity on me after arriving an hour late after lunch was closed to make me a special double lunch...one for me and one to take home to my son...very kind of her!

Can't wait for next year!  I did a few extra stops that didn't count on a Fly & Ride 1400 mile back to Houston from Tucson a couple weeks ago and hit Marfa, McDonald observatory and a ride on the River road from Presidio to Lajitas thru Big Bend National Park, Alpine, Marathon a ton of extra backroads.  

@p6x's Le Mans at 9:32 . . .

V1400 Eldorado at 13:11 . . .

p6x, again, at 23:48 . . .

I couldn't find @PJPR01 at Comanche . . .

I swear I saw One (and only one) Royal Enfield.

The "least represented?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

The "least represented?"

Well that’s probably because you were looking for a V11 and on this trip I was on my Guzzi Norge and not the Scura…right around 2:10 to 2:18 I think into the video…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, docc said:

The "least represented?"

Very good Doc!

That's my take too... Royal Enfield had a single representation, and I only saw one Ducati: the Desert X;

I could not find your entry @PJPR01

• Like 2

@PJPR01

I got it now!

So we had three Moto Guzzi representatives: a California 1400, a Le Mans, a Norge.

There seem to be a lot of trikes and three wheeled Harley's.

• Like 1

I'm still a bit bummed...I haven't received my patch yet...will have to send an inquiry to the organizer!  Actually have some free time this weekend and need to get it sewn onto my jacket!

3 hours ago, audiomick said:

Here's the link again, set to start at 2:08. The bike that comes up three bikes later at about 2:18 is a Norge. That must be it, I think. :huh2:

Danke sehr...good sleuthing!

21 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

I'm still a bit bummed...I haven't received my patch yet...will have to send an inquiry to the organizer!  Actually have some free time this weekend and need to get it sewn onto my jacket!

I found out the hard way that USPS is not irreproachable, unfortunately. I already have had several occurrences of surface mail lost, including a passport.

Usually domestic postal services work well, worldwide.

• Like 2