Battery not charging, how do I test to knows is alternator or the regulator?

arveno

51 minutes ago, docc said:

Check the 30 amp fuse (#3 from the front).

Mmhhh the 30 amp fuse was melted , replaced with a good one .

now the bike will not crank and the pump doesn’t run when I turn the keys on .

checked all the other fuses … all good 

battery tender has green light battery is charged.

light and horn work .

mmmmhhh 

confused 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, arveno said:

Never mind the kick stand was down LOL

kickstand up and it all back to normal 🙈

Ah ah 

@arveno, you got me thinking: If the sidestand is down, yet the bike is in neutral - the Neutral Switch should light up the Neutral Light and pull in the middle/#3 relay to allow the bike to start and run on the sidestand while in neutral . . .

17 minutes ago, docc said:

@arveno, you got me thinking: If the sidestand is down, yet the bike is in neutral - the Neutral Switch should light up the Neutral Light and pull in the middle/#3 relay to allow the bike to start and run on the sidestand while in neutral . . .

I do not have a battery light on mine...

I have neutral, oil, high beam, low fuel.

4 minutes ago, p6x said:

I do not have a battery light on mine...

I have neutral, oil, high beam, low fuel.

Correct, but your wiring harness gives you both a left, and separate right, turn signal indicators (instead of the Battery/Charging Light) !  <  . . . . >

Still, all V11 should start and run either with the sidestand up (in or out of gear) and with the sidestand down in neutral (with power supplied through the middle/#3 relay that is activated by the Neutral Switch.

8 hours ago, docc said:

@docc Please don't make this more complicated then it is :bike: :P

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, docc said:

Correct, but your wiring harness gives you both a left, and separate right, turn signal indicators (instead of the Battery/Charging Light) !  <  . . . . >

I am wondering what was the rationale for having a turn signal indicator repetition instead of a much more useful Battery/Charging light...

When you think about it, on a motorcycle, turn indicators are ever more optional than with a car.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, docc said:

Still, all V11 should start and run either with the sidestand up (in or out of gear) and with the sidestand down in neutral (with power supplied through the middle/#3 relay that is activated by the Neutral Switch.

Hey Docc; With the running changes through model years and all the different variations & sequences in the safety switches,,there are some funky unexplained anomalies in the real world.

I think back to last fall when I couldn't get guzzidiag to connect with the ECU on my 2003 Lemans unless the side stand was down.

It made no sense then & imho,it is completely illogical & counterintuitive,that with the side stand up,the bike would start & run fine,but guzzidiag would never connect with the ECU if the side stand was retracted.

I'm glad I figured it out & solved it,but it reinforced in my mind that when it comes to all of the safety switches & relay,ECU sequences etc there are no absolute certainties across the model years.

jmo fwiw ymmv

I am dreaming of the days when I did not have to depress the clutch to start either my motorbike or my car today.

Until the Le Mans, I had never owned a bike with having the side stand deployed cut the engine if in gear.

Zero is the number of times I attempted to start my bike while in gear; including kick starter.

Zero is the number of times I forgot to fold the the side stand.

I know, suffice one time to mule over the: "how could I forget it".

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, p6x said:

Zero is the number of times I attempted to start my bike while in gear; including kick starter.

Zero is the number of times I forgot to fold the the side stand.

I know, suffice one time to mule over the: "how could I forget it".

I wish I had a nickel for every time I forgot a sidestand. I was conflicted about removing the auto-retract feature from my 'Sport, but it's been on the ground 4 times due to the auto-retract, and zero times from hitting the stand while moving. So off it went. Starting in gear, not so common but pretty familiar also. :/

• Like 2