Coming to a garage near me soon

fotoguzzi

39 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

IMG_0575-600x450.jpg

Stay tuned..

I can see this tank on a living room table, as a vase for some pretty flowers....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

You got that right !

That wasn't me though. That's an actual Moto Guzzi print advertisement. Found it on "This Old Tractor" site - where there are lots of cool ads and manuals about the Ambassador and other models.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Getting the whole thing this afternoon

IMG_0573-600x450.jpg

The tear drop shaped valises, sorry pannier :rolleyes:, fits the look pretty well.... is it something of your own design?

They are enormous DB bags, (Dan Brown?) that were modified by the PO.. he did a fantastic job and it wasn’t easy. Cut and re fiber glassed smoothed and painted.

here’s another bike with the bags in original shape, note the bump out on the back which had some running or brake lights, he cut those off so the turn signals fit better. Aesthetically mine look a lot classier.

IMG_7464-600x450.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I got the bike home, what a sweaty job, it was about 90f and 90 humidity..

got it started for the first time in 6 years. It was put up nicely with clean carbs and tank. We just filled the float bowls to see if it would run and it does. I won’t get time to mount the tank and test ride until Monday. I’ll get some good pics then. I’m really pleased with the acquisition. 42k but had a total take down to the last bolt in 2003.. has the Gilardoni kit and a lot of parts were replaced and re chromed etc..10k since the restoration.

• Like 7

Beautifull! What can I say I sweet spot for these honey's.

Is that one of Cycle Garden's paint jobs? Also are those police bars?

Yes, the tank had a dent and CG repaired and painted it to the tune of a few thousand. Receipts call the bars civilian. But if you mean the bars on the full dress bike thats not mine just a pic from the web. My tank not mounted yet, I’ll get to that tomorrow.

• Like 2