MY Cycle cover gaskets: is the "premium" thicker gasket a better choice than the standard?

p6x

I need to adjust my valves, and I should change the valve cover gaskets.

MG Cycle offers two qualities; I am not concerned about the price difference. Typically, I would go with the cheap one, and change each time I adjust the gap. Even if the difference in price is negligible.

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_127&products_id=2455

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=170_174&products_id=4634

It's always challenging for me to find the right ones on forum searches,because I can never spell Valpolini,correctly the same way twice,lol.

There's lot's of info that these in the a/m link are the ones you want.

It gets confusing because for some reason MGCycle, never lists them by name,but if you read the product description,they're usually listed as metal core.

I've had every possible type of valve cover gasket eventually fail over time,,,knock on wood,,,never these ones.

fwiw ymmv 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or directly from Valpolini. The ones to get.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Or directly from Valpolini. The ones to get.

Cheers Tom.

Getting stuff from Europe when you are in the USA is more difficult or/and expensive than it used to be. In another post, I mentioned some SIXS garments which UPS wanted 400 dollars to return, when I paid below 100 Euros to get from Italy.

But I did not know about Walter and Daniela di Valpolini who seem to be a good source of spares for our machines.

BTDT . If you get something from across the water & want to return it , post it for sale here and try to sell it . If it doesn't sell , put it in a box and keep it .  

I wiped my butt on about $800 worth of Guzzi stuff going back to Mandello del Lario .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gstallons said:

BTDT . If you get something from across the water & want to return it , post it for sale here and try to sell it . If it doesn't sell , put it in a box and keep it .  

I wiped my butt on about $800 worth of Guzzi stuff going back to Mandello del Lario .

I never think about trying to sell the stuff because I can't be bothered to devote the time and deal with the attempted fraudsters.

I took a shot at reselling my Alpinestars TechAir5, which now retail for 750 USD.... I only used it once, because it is simply too hot to wear it in Texas.

Invariably I got people hitting me with the usual fraud attempts.

I am participating to a forum for musicians, and every other week there is a horror story about sellers getting scammed on Reverb or eBay. These sites protects the buyers mostly.

7 hours ago, p6x said:

I never think about trying to sell the stuff because I can't be bothered to devote the time and deal with the attempted fraudsters.

I took a shot at reselling my Alpinestars TechAir5, which now retail for 750 USD.... I only used it once, because it is simply too hot to wear it in Texas.

Invariably I got people hitting me with the usual fraud attempts.

I am participating to a forum for musicians, and every other week there is a horror story about sellers getting scammed on Reverb or eBay. These sites protects the buyers mostly.

You think? try getting any satisfaction from ebay after being scammed by a seller that sells thousands of items every year. As a buyer/seller with 20 years on ebay and a 100% buying and selling record without even 1 neutral feedback they just fobbed me off even after I proved they were scamming overseas buyers with their own feedback data. 

Phil 

• Like 3

On 8/25/2023 at 12:27 PM, 80CX100 said:

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=170_174&products_id=4634

It's always challenging for me to find the right ones on forum searches,because I can never spell Valpolini,correctly the same way twice,lol.

There's lot's of info that these in the a/m link are the ones you want.

It gets confusing because for some reason MGCycle, never lists them by name,but if you read the product description,they're usually listed as metal core.

I've had every possible type of valve cover gasket eventually fail over time,,,knock on wood,,,never these ones.

fwiw ymmv 

thanks for that

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You think? try getting any satisfaction from ebay after being scammed by a seller that sells thousands of items every year. As a buyer/seller with 20 years on ebay and a 100% buying and selling record without even 1 neutral feedback they just fobbed me off even after I proved they were scamming overseas buyers with their own feedback data. 

Phil 

I had to drop my paypal for shenanigans.  I tried calling them for some nonsense on my accountant and thought they were into a scam too.  That was the last straw, dropped them and they didn't care.  I'm thinking paypal might be another malignant brand.