Twentieth (XX!) South'n Spine Raid 2024

Admin Jaap

You are correct . The more basic the paint job the better. That was the most beautiful modified paint job I have ever seen PERIOD

44 minutes ago, gstallons said:

You are correct . The more basic the paint job the better. That was the most beautiful modified paint job I have ever seen PERIOD

Agreed. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure why I remembered that V11 in grey primer with matte black accents . . . :huh:  :whistle:

525540_332730890158584_218821210_n.jpg

33 minutes ago, docc said:

I'm not sure why I remembered that V11 in grey primer with matte black accents . . .

Perhaps you were distracted? :whistle:

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, docc said:

Weekend after US Labor Day in September (6th-8th), Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

Even Honda are welcomed, but may leave with a prominently featured Moto Guzzi sticker on the fairing . . . :mg:

Ifn I can get more stickers printed lol

On 1/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, docc said:

In recent years, these winter months turned out to be the right time to make advance reservations at The Lodge at Tellico. I know some of you dedicated Spine Raiders make your reservations when checking out the year before. FWIW, the innkeeper ordinarily doesn't grant reservations a year out. For us, he makes an exception.  :thumbsup:

Which speaks volumes about the caliber and character of  :notworthy: Spine Raiders. :bier:

I think Brian said he was holding all of the lodges back except one for us since it's the 20th. Don't know when his cut off point on that will be date wise. 

• Thanks 1

Just emailed my reservation request. I am reminded that a "Jotform account" is not required . . .

The building and room layout is "less than intuitive." Building 3 is the "Premier Rooms."

Building 4 is over the garage . . .

Screen%20Shot%202023-01-21%20at%206.43.2

• Like 3

On 10/9/2023 at 5:08 AM, Admin Jaap said:

For the fun of it, I checked out Tellico Plains on Goggle Maps. I wish I hadn't... If only we had roads like that in the Netherlands! *drool emoji

@Admin Jaap,

I can offer you a Tuxedo Black 2008 1200 Sport to ride...

IMG_5716.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Goofman said:

@Admin Jaap,

I can offer you a Tuxedo Black 2008 1200 Sport to ride...

IMG_5716.jpg

Wow! That's some incentive! But as I explained to Docc in a PM; it's a bit tricky to plan a trip to the States this far ahead. And when I'm there I'd like to extend my vacation a bit to explore the SE of the US.

• Like 3

Thanks for the nudge.  

Have been busy for weeks (and still am) with MGTD '24 prep ... and making sure I use all of Kathi's energy in that before she launches for Seattle tomorrow.  She's not about to stay around for the belching, snoring, and BS session that MGTD is.  :grin:

Anyway, just reserved our stay, and asked for 301 again. :mg:

Bill

• Like 3

Bryan, the innkeeper, tells me Building 3 is fully reserved while rooms in 4 (above the garage), and 2 (above the gameroom by the pavilion) are still available. He is leaving the Basic Rooms in Building 1 available to the public (but y'all could reserve there, as well).

Remember to specify a garage space if so desired. (It's where The Action is! :luigi:  :nerd: :bier: )

• Like 2

Bryan called earlier this evening, and followed with an email, to confirm we are set for 301; in Friday, out Sunday.

Now to convince our travel agent that yes, we -- i.e., my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess :wub: -- want to go to Poland at (about) that time, but not at that exact time! :whistle:

FWIW, have touched base with some Polish Guzzisti to meet with while there.

Bill

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Reserved a room at the Tellico Plains Lodge and TWO parking spots in the garage. Putting out positive vibes that it all comes together.  XX Spine Raid, " YES "

SKIP

• Like 4