Everything you always wanted to know about the Moto Guzzi V7 Sport; by TLM in the Netherlands (Dutch subtitled in English)

p6x

3 minutes ago, docc said:

There is a certain fascination watching someone walk backward between parked motorcycles while speaking Dutch. . . :sun:

It seems that TLM is a dealership worth of a visit, if only to have a look at their Moto Guzzi livestock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, audiomick said:

You were supposed to be looking at the motorcycles, not the young lady. :grin:

All of those curves seem rather contiguous in a flowing, natural way . . . :mg: :wub:

• Haha 1

There has been an awful lot of bollocks spouted about the V7 Sport over the years. Anyone without blinkers on who has ridden one knows that. The 850 LeMans is a much better machine by orders of magnitude.

Over the years I've worked on several, usually ones imported from the US that needed a fair bit of work to get them even remotely rideable. A lot of the owners simply couldn't believe after the hype what a slow, uninspiring and generally weak motorbike they are! 750cc, small valve heads, weedy 30mm VHB carbs. Bleargh! Sure they look pretty but that's as far as it goes.

1 hour ago, docc said:

All of those curves seem rather contiguous in a flowing, natural way . . . :mg: :wub:

But she could not pronounce Guzzi the proper way. That was quite a let down; at least for me.

12 minutes ago, pete roper said:

There has been an awful lot of bollocks spouted about the V7 Sport over the years. Anyone without blinkers on who has ridden one knows that. The 850 LeMans is a much better machine by orders of magnitude.

Over the years I've worked on several, usually ones imported from the US that needed a fair bit of work to get them even remotely rideable. A lot of the owners simply couldn't believe after the hype what a slow, uninspiring and generally weak motorbike they are! 750cc, small valve heads, weedy 30mm VHB carbs. Bleargh! Sure they look pretty but that's as far as it goes.

This so reminds of getting all giddy over a V7 loop-frame. Then wanting another gear in the box. Maybe another 50cc. How about disc brakes? A Tonti frame. Maybe another 100cc, even up to a thousand ? Some bigger valves, a better cam . . . bigger carbs? Better wheel sizes . . . How about a Spine Frame? Fuel injection . . . different drive ratios with 6speeder to settle the engine/shaft angles . . . but still two valves, air cooled . . .

It always just brings me back home . . .

IMG_7502.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1