V11 Le Mans Tenni WANTED

Guzzi 1947

• 3 weeks later...

If you would consider importing from Europe there are several being advertised 
https://www.theparking-motorcycle.eu/#!/used-motorcycles/Moto-Guzzi-Tenni.html

theparking.com searches  many (most?) motor vehicle sales sites on both sides of the Atlantic.

Not every seller names the model of their bike correctly, a few more can be found by browsing the hits for "Moto Guzzi Le Mans", "Moto Guzzi V11", and "Moto Guzzi 1100".

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:05 PM, Guzzi 1947 said:

Still looking for a V11 Le Mans Tenni.  All leads appreciated.

Guzzi1947

Here's one: https://www.moto.it/moto-usate/moto-guzzi/v11/v11-le-mans-tenni-2002-03/8622739

This add was posted on December 31st, 2023.

This is from a dealership, probably easier for a US based customer to deal with.

A quick translation of what the listing states:

15,000 km (I let you convert in miles)

Pristine condition

Carbon terminals (originals are included)

Original sides are packed (I don't know why)

Full history available, two ignition keys.

They also offer a warranty.

Discounted price is 14,500 EUR.

The Moto.it site has an email reply option and a telephone #.

You could probably negotiate the price a bit further, given that you would export the vehicle outside of Europe.

Looking at the number of motorcycle you own, I am guessing you do not need any further assistance. If you did, send me a personal message.

Good luck!

It would be great to find one in the USA.  Not sure about the issues with importing a bike from the EU and registration.

14 minutes ago, Guzzi 1947 said:

It would be great to find one in the USA.  Not sure about the issues with importing a bike from the EU and registration.

Yes, obviously finding one in the US would be ideal.

Given that the Tenni has been officially imported in the USA when it was commercialized, there is no federal impediment, nor should there be any at your state level.

When I moved to Houston in 2008, I imported a lot of personal property devoid of vehicles, since I was provided with a company car. However, having looked at importing a car that was never commercialized in the USA, it is not really complicated, especially if the vehicle has reached 25 years since manufacturing date. But the Tenni has been imported in the USA, so it should be in the list of accredited imports. You should be able to find it on the web.

If you are not fazed by the financial aspect, you can easily mandate a company for a turnkey deal. They will take care of everything on your behalf, including clearing US customs and registration in the State where they operate. Thereafter, you only need to transfer the title to your state.

There are many companies offering the service; here's one: https://www.schumachercargo.com/usa-car-imports/

They are not the only ones! there are plenty, including in Europe.

Or you can wait until one turns up in the USA, which is the easiest and cheapest.

around 3 years ago there was a guy in Louisiana who couldn't give his super clean Tenni with MG titanium pipes away for $4,000!

• Like 1

Ha ha, wonder what a greenie with 102.000 kays on her might be worth these days....?

Probably bugger all, but priceless to me all the same!

Cheers 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Appreciate all of the insight on a EU purchase.  I think I will keep trying to find a Tenni stateside.

Guzzi 1947

On 3/21/2024 at 11:19 AM, Admin Jaap said:

Wow! € 14900,- that's more than a new one cost over 20 years ago

The dealer says he is already offering a discount, the price is 14,500 including a warranty.

Given the rarity of the Tenni, he is trying to max the profit. The pristine conditions are certainly part of it. 170 motorcycles is really nothing.

The Ewan McGregor Tenni was sold for 9,550 USD October 2023. https://iconicmotorbikeauctions.com/auction/2002-moto-guzzi-v11-lemans-tenni/

I am sure the price can be negotiated down. Now, unfortunately, the cost of handling and shipping is no longer cheap.

Those, Rosso Mandellos, Scuras and the other numbered bikes have gotten VERY rare. Many are just gone. The clean ones owned by a Guzzi hoarder will cost a testicle. It took me 12 years to find a Scura. And that baby was dropped and has some type of electrical gremlin I'm addessing from years ago. Likly from a halfass splice somewhere to install LED signals. Petty for an old bike, but there. Replacing the rectifier next week (dang, I should move this to the tech section). 

I'll keep an eye open for ya. But chances are it'll have an issue or two. If you're looking for "super clean", I know a spot in Mandello Del Lario that has one. I think it's the Guzzi museum? There only 160 or 170 Tenni models made. 300 Rosso Mandellos. 600 Scuras were made and those are unicorns. I only know these trivial numbers from drooling over these as a broke guy in my 20s back in the day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of unicorns, I unintentionally found this gem on.....Cycletrader?!!!

2002 V11 TENNI. 10K MILES. $8250. My guess firm being its rarity and that people are getting tax checks at the moment. 

This is the cleanest I've seen. If it's real. Did they make these on 02? I thought it was 01. Scuras were the rare dogs of 02 for certain. 

But it's worth a call if you want one. 

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2002-Moto+Guzzi-V11-5031316151

• Like 3