Odd starting issue.

GSXR814

The brake light can be finicky without it being relay related too!

I had a loose connection in the light assembly early on which made the light intermittent...

Just saying.

Cheers

10 hours ago, guzzler said:

Doh...just realised you checked the light!

Sorry back to the normal programme.

Cheers

I only went as far as confirming the bulb was OK. Filament looks fine and rear light works just no brake light. 

Im going to take it out for a short spin today and see if anything else stops working again😁

Do use an eraser to clean the contacts of the bulb/lamp and the holder . Put a contact grease in the socket to keep this from happening again . My bike did the same thing !

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GSXR814 said:

... confirming the bulb was OK. Filament looks fine...

Did you check both filaments with a multi-meter? I've had a number of bulbs for various lights that looked fine, but weren't.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 2:49 PM, GSXR814 said:

I've had a play with it today. 

Shuffled the relays about and inspected the underside of the fuse box. It all looks OK, but it can't be as once I had refitted it all everything worked as it should apart from the lack of a brake light. 

Check the bulb and all the connectors and all looks good so I'm guessing I have a partially knackered relay? 

If the front brake hand lever does not light the brake light, does the rear brake foot lever?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, docc said:

If the front brake hand lever does not light the brake light, does the rear brake foot lever?

I suspect, although I haven't checked, that rather than the brake light still not working it is actually permanently on. I broke a spade connector off the original and fitted the new one which had arrived the day after the issues started, initially after I broke the connector the brake light still worked off the foot brake, then nothing during the issue. Now I, thinking about it, I suspect I've managed to fit the microswitch with the plunged wedged in the light on position. I'll check it out later. 

All was good when I went for a 40 mile spin yesterday, briefly had no neutral light, other than that it was fine. 

• Like 2