Remember Crazy Eddie? his prices are insane?! well, the motorcycles prices have gone this way too: INSANE!

I went to look at a few motorcycles today, and I was mesmerized by the prices!!! we have now reached 25k and above for some of the models... that brought back memories of commercials I was seeing on TV in Manhattan in the 80's....

Really insane!

• Haha 1

No doubt some motorcycle prices are up there. But a couple years ago the wife and I bought two brand new motorcycles for less then $15k. And they weren't low budget off brand bikes, they were Husqvarna's. If we wanted cheaper bikes in that range there are a few available from Japanese manufacturers that would have probably been under $10k or $12k for the pair.

While some models are amazingly expensive, there is also a large number of smaller bikes on the market for very reasonable prices. Back in the 90's and 2000's if you wanted a smaller bike you could typically only find a few options that were all oriented towards beginners. Now you can buy really nice sub 500cc bikes for reasonable prices.

So, I think we are in a great time for motorcycles.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, activpop said:

I thought Crazy Eddie was just a NY metro business. Was he in other cities?

No. NY and other Burroughs.

I remember waking to his adds during my jet-lag early rising.

It worked. I purchased my rare Portable Commodore 64 from a Crazy Eddie in New-York.

Yes remember CE, time for another beer. He had to disappear from the scene, l think.

Prices, I’m for sure stern sail. New Duc Multistrada RS 507000kr, have a beer.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Prices, I’m for sure stern sail. New Duc Multistrada RS 507000kr, have a beer.

That is 46k US dollars...is that right? The Kawasaki Z900 is under 10k...ABS, great engine. Great bang for the buck here. It is a great bike. What do they go for there?

23 hours ago, p6x said:

I went to look at a few motorcycles today, and I was mesmerized by the prices!!! we have now reached 25k and above for some of the models... that brought back memories of commercials I was seeing on TV in Manhattan in the 80's....

Really insane!

Pretty hard to top Cal Worthington and his dog Spot

I looked at a USED MGS-01 and was shocked at how much they wanted! And no warranrty! (grumble...)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, activpop said:

That is 46k US dollars...is that right? The Kawasaki Z900 is under 10k...ABS, great engine. Great bang for the buck here. It is a great bike. What do they go for there?

From 202900kr  :rasta:. Have Guzzi’s, that works too.  Mentioned the other day, Coppa Italia 200000kr, 6732km, but he is not gone sell, I think.

Cheers Tom.

20 hours ago, Tomchri said:

From 202900kr  :rasta:. Have Guzzi’s, that works too.  Mentioned the other day, Coppa Italia 200000kr, 6732km, but he is not gone sell, I think.

Cheers Tom.

Well if I am doing the conversions correctly, bikes are spendier in Norway. But then again, a good loaf of bread is 8 bucks now. Pre Covid they were 3-4.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:38 PM, activpop said:

The Kawasaki Z900 is under 10k..... What do they go for there?

Apparently about €15,000 in Germany for the spiffier model

https://www.kawasaki.de/de/products/Modern_Classic/2024/Z900RS_SE/overview?Uid=0886X1BbWV9bUQlcWA5YXFtZDQpdWlxYDlsKDAkJXA5cDl4

And then there is this for a couple of bucks more... :whistle:

https://www.kawasaki.de/de/products/Supersport/2024/Ninja_H2R/overview?Uid=0917WwpeDFwJDVFeWVAMXFgLXApRDFxcClhZXwxdWA0LCwo

15 hours ago, audiomick said:

The NINJA H2®R ABS is $58,100 and is sold for offroad (racetrack) use only here.

The Ninja H2 SX is only $28,000 and it is fully street legal. Both are supercharged, 

• Like 1