Pipes

Guest Jim Hayes

Those neptunes look nice enough but not the look I was going for exactly. going for the FBF ovals anyone have some good experience with those?

42812[/snapback]

IMO going for a simple solution, tried and true, is the best route. FBF pipes, Stucchi X-over, lid off the airbox and K&N held down by simply designed and elegant FBF frame and brackets plus all this complemented by Powercommander. What can be more satisfying, better sounding and looking? I think nothing.

And yes, FBF cans do sound the best (I heard at least 4 other) and probably the loudest. The quality of carbon finish is fantastic; for sure better then all the others I've ever seen. There is some kind of clearcoat layer on the carbonfiber and it looks like new after 14 months and 12,000 km. No fading at all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still faffing about trying to decide what to put on my bike, but am coming down in favour of MGs own, albeit over priced, ti cans.

However, I have been asked by the potential supplier whether my bike has a cat or not.

Daft question probably, but how do I tell?

Not to hijack this thread but maybe just nudge it off on a tangent... :rolleyes:

Can anyone advise which of the plethora of slip-ons available for the V11 will work with the stock brackets. I have the HB bags and don't really want to get rid of them in order to put new mufflers on.

So far the only ones I'm sure use the stock brackets are the Neptunes. Does anyone know about:

Mistrals

FBF's

M4's

Staintunes

or even Guzzi's own TI's? :mg:

Thanks,

Randy

I am still faffing about trying to decide what to put on my bike, but am coming down in favour of MGs own, albeit over priced, ti cans.

However, I have been asked by the potential supplier whether my bike has a cat or not.

Daft question probably, but how do I tell?

42928[/snapback]

Al R. says none of the V11 sixspeeds are Catalytic convertor equipped.

And as far as I have heard, all should have interchangeable slippons.

Some have Oxygen sensors, which may create concerns if adding a crossover, but not mufflers.

I don't think so.... :unsure: I could be wrong, but I don't think the OEM crossover in Europe is any different than what we have here in the US, which is definitely not a catalytic converter. Other than lighting, it seems that with MG's small volume, all their bikes are pretty much identically globally.

The one in the eBay link is a salvage unit here in the US, and it appears to be just the plain old "normal" crossover. I sent the guy an email noting his mistake in stating it was a catalytic converter. Heck, he wasn't even sure what type of bike it went on :rolleyes:

al

Can anyone advise which of the plethora of slip-ons available for the V11 will work with the stock brackets. I have the HB bags and don't really want to get rid of them in order to put new mufflers on.

So far the only ones I'm sure use the stock brackets are the Neptunes. Does anyone know about:

Mistrals

FBF's

M4's

Staintunes

or even Guzzi's own TI's?

Randy,

I can say for sure that the Guzzi Ti mufflers will fit on the stock brackets and do accomodate Guzzi's soft luggage. That's the way my '03 Lemans is set up. However, the Guzzi Ti muffler kit also comes with shortened hangers which will give the pipes more upsweep, if you wish. Of course this set up will eliminate any saddlebag type luggage. So you get a choice with the Ti's.

Joe

Guest jerroldt

My dealer installed Vance and Hines Straight Shots and Hi-Flo air cleaner on my 2005 Superglide and then remapped it. It runs great. With no dealer nearby, I drilled the cans on my 03 Le Mans and cut the ends off the inner pipes. I like the sound! Since my plugs have run sooty black since new, I plan to keep a check on them and shoot for a light brown coloring. Hopefully I can open the air box up to get the desired more sound later but if the plugs get too light in color, I guess that I will have to take measures to correct the problem. As far as flat spots in acceleration at 6K RPM etc. I don't worry about it as the bike has more power than I can ever use.

• 1 year later...
Guest guzzidude1100i
It was Jimjib who posted this in the old forum:

jimjib - May 15, 2002 12:17:03 am

I was looking for a shop to do the work also but had no luck.

If you pull off the end cap, it looks pretty ugly with all the holes..but...it sure got the results I wanted. The first time I drilled, it wasn't enough so the second time, I punch holes everywhere I could. I also cut off the inner tube about and inch, so that it doesn't stick out past the outer cap. I am really liking the sound now and don't think I am going to worry about another pipe. I will post a picture when I can.

I did order my power commander today and will get the bike on the dyno next week to build a custom map. My tuner is pretty good and I think that terrible dip in the mid range can be cured. I will post the results.

jimjib - May 15, 2002 12:32:32 am

can2.jpeg

can1.jpeg

132[/snapback]