Fabricated Rear-shock Mud Guard

BrianG

• 3 weeks later...

For those of us in the UK, I came across this the other day - no idea whether they are any good, and I've never heard of the company before. Seems to be the right idea though. Anyone know anything about them? http://www.prattlay.co.uk/fasteners?page=crenel/hugger.html

Guzzirider fitted one to his v11, but i dont know if he has ridden it in the wet yet, should have taken it to the scottish weekend for a good evaluation :grin:

Gary

• 8 months later...

I just installed this useful addition to my Cafe Sport.

Edge did a precision job on this. The fit was perfect. Although the instructions suggest removing the stock rear hugger fender to make installation easier, I was able to complete the job in 30 minutes total. Half of that was getting the bike up in the air on my electic hoist. That made it easy to get it into place. Working standing up at eye level, and being able to reach my arm up from underneath was a big help.

Buying this 800 pound capacity electric hoist from Harbor Freight was one of the best investments I have made yet. It saves a lot of time and straining. It made it a breeze to install the Roper Plate, the forward foot controls and change the rear wheel. In addition to making it easy to do any work on, when I want to trailer the bike (I ride everywhere, but sometimes I have to leave it at a distant dealer for a few days for service), I hoist it up, back the trailer under it, and drop it down. Using the hoist to keep it steady and vertical makes it easy to tie down without assistance.

I'm looking forward to having this protection when riding in wet conditions.

Thanks Edge! :bier:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, after what seems like a couple of years of being out of the net, I am finally back and have caught up on playing with Guzzi plastic bits. I do have available some of the "A", "B" and "C" pieces that are covered in this thread; the original mud guard, the battery cover (with/without hugger installed) and shock lug covers. I know some of you have contacted me interested over time and I have shipped most of requests. With my busy world and a serious case of CRS :o , I have admittedly lost track of who is who or what was desired (sorry whit, drknow... Jan you’re covered).

If you’re interested, please PM me directly to jog my memory, with address, and what you want. I'll get your order together with a reasonable price based on what you want, quantity and shipping location.

edge

• 7 months later...

With the nasty weather coming on, I think it's time to add the Edge-Gard to the Sport. I've gone back through the entire thread (Almost 4 years!) and followed the evolution of the pieces. I'm a little vague, though on the "C" piece: it is the shock guard?

Edge, I used an old email to contact you, but will try the forum PM as well.

Hey, many thanks, docc

Still here.... I just got more plastic Friday and will be a couple of weeks before I can get them done due to work travels but I have four in the cue that I have already PM'd. If there are more interested, it is a good time to PM me so I can cover you while I am at it.... ;)

Edge,

Could you please turn your god dammed guitar down! :oldgit:

And I'll take 1 guard please ;)

Thanks,

Bono

PS Is it still $20, where should I send $,

I picked up all three pieces for the Tenni, which allowed me to remove the hugger completely. The swingarm is a nice piece and now its visible, cleans up the rear of the bike a lot. Protection from the elements is superior to just having the hugger in place. Highly recommended!

• 4 weeks later...