headshake

Guest davidb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:moon:

52446[/snapback]

On hitting pot holes and other large road deffects. gives it a good thump. think it bottoms out.

No complaints on the day to day handling- I've not yet adjusted my suspension yet

only had it 2 months shy of 2 years. will get around to it one day

• 2 weeks later...
I could never imagine my Rosso Corsa getting out of shape- it is absolutely rock solid.

Most of the roads around here are bloody bumpy but it soaks everything up in its stride and I have never moved the steering damper from its minimum setting.

I have had it flat out in top gear and it was perfectly stable and safe.

I can't imagine a safer more stable bike.

Guy (210lbs and big boned)  :helmet:

52088[/snapback]

I took the screen off my Jackal today and went for a thrash with some sports bike riders over the moors- had a massive tankslapper while crossing some cats eyes flat out in top, then dug my right footpeg in the asphalt on a bumpy bend. The guy following me said my back wheel was about 8 inches in the air while I hung on for dear life.

I think I will stick with my ohlins bike for that sort of riding, entertaining though it was!

Guy :helmet:

Dave,

If you're still reading (& still going) all the best & thanks for being part of the club for a while.

You don't need to justify anything, buying or selling.

I was prompted to respond however by overhearing a highly enthusiastic conversation yesterday where a guy exclaimed:

"& I got this huge headshake as I completed that corner past the campsite, 2nd time this month - $#@&ing awesome man!"

to him, it was a cool story, bikes are like that, the ride can always tell a tale.

I hope you remember the good times, & have plenty more on your existing & future bikes.

:mg:

n_s_S!

Guest davidb

I still ride the guzzi to work (50 miles round trip) everyday. I will sell it if I can get 5000$ out of it. I will replace it with a classic, like a bmw r69 1956-69 or a guzzi eldorado police bike (first choice) to ride to work. I have rode the guzzi hard since the first post on this and got just a little speed wobble one time in about 15 trips, but nothing to "shake" me up.

I still ride the guzzi to work (50 miles round trip) everyday. I will sell it if I can get 5000$ out of it. I will replace it with a classic, like a bmw r69  1956-69 or a guzzi eldorado police bike (first choice) to ride to work. I have rode the guzzi hard since the first post on this and got just a little speed wobble one time in about 15 trips, but nothing to "shake" me up.

53557[/snapback]

In Australia, you would get over $10K US, strange aye...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest V-Twin-Monster

My :2c: after :bier:

I can't see weight having anything to do with the way the bike performs. I’ve seen people who where well above 250 and could ride a bike like it was on a preset rail system. I’m about 215 and have had my bike at 130-140 for two hours straight, only slowing down when the gas light came on after the 1st hour after a gas stop it was back to 130-140 for the next hour. The bikes come with steering dampers and need to be tightened up so the will stop the head shake.