TRAITOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

v50man

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Form a self help group with Nogbad, suggest it be chaired by UKV11 he has a Buell, but a least he has two Guzzi (V11 and Breva 1100) to compensate.

You may wear glasses with smoked lenses so that we can't see your straying eyes. Though some work may be required to get them to sit tight and not sag.

Hey, if you want one, get one. If I had the money and the garage room, I'd have a Rosso Corsa and an XB9R for long-range interdiction and short-range dogfighter duty, respectively.

They share some charms: Both are loaded with charisma, both will draw a crowd, they're unmistakable for anything else, and are often unappreciated even by the people who sell and, theoretically, service them. From what I've read, the XB-series Buells are possibly more day-to-day reliable, though the spine-frame Guzzis might be a bit longer-lived once they're sorted.

Decisions, decisions. Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to own either of them at the moment. One of these days...

:2c:

A Buell or a Guzzi???

The fact that they both have air cooled V-twin motors is about all they have in common.

:mg: A Guzzi is a bike with flare, class, styling, and a genuine heritage, while the poor Buell's are still strugling through an identity crisis. Sure, to some on the Continent a Buell may seem exotic, but generally this side of the pond they are accepted by neither the sport bike faternity, nor the Harley types, as they don't seem to fit in either category. Ride down the road on a Buell, and try to get a Harley rider to give you a freindly wave....it aint gonna happen!!

Like wise pitch up at racer road among all those Go-faster hyper bikes and the riders will all look at you as a Harley wanta-be trying to look racer cool on an oddity.

Besides, those over funded Buell teams (powered by Harley cash) keep trying to take those land speed records away from their rightfull Guzzi owners.....the cheek!!

:helmet:

:bier:

Cheers !!

Van,Tenni #125

ps. dont forget to help me track down those Tenni's, so far l've found 18 of the 165 produced

What is a Guzzsti to do?  I MUST own an XB12R.  Therapy?  Intervention?

It's becoming UNBEARABLE..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61366[/snapback]

One of the most fun rides in my memory was staying mated with a well-ridden Buell this past spring on a road you likely know well, SR 348 (Richard B. Russell Scenic Byway). I came up on him just after turning off of SR 180, and he took off to play or escape. I rode better than normal and stayed with him, a few times so close it would have taken a thrown bucket of water to separate us. :bike:

Anyway, I, too, like Buells, and that one was certainly a quick and nimble machine, ridden by someone who liked to ride with verve. Sounded mighty fine, too, booming out of tight turns and up the mountain. We pulled up at the tee at SR 75A and waved as he headed left to Helen, and I right, and over to Suches via US 129/SR180.

I don't have the time, money, or room for another m/c just now, and can't give up my EV or Ballabio for anything, much less a non-Italian. But, I'd be pleased to have a XB12R in the GarageMahalo. Drop by if you get one.

Bill

Inman Park

Bill --

Good to hear from you. Give a call or an email if you still want those mirrors.

F

One of the most fun rides in my memory was staying mated with a well-ridden Buell this past spring on a road you likely know well, SR 348 (Richard B. Russell Scenic Byway).  I came up on him just after turning off of SR 180, and he took off to play or escape.  I rode better than normal and stayed with him, a few times so close it would have taken a thrown bucket of water to separate us.    :bike:

Anyway, I, too, like Buells, and that one was certainly a quick and nimble machine, ridden by someone who liked to ride with verve.  Sounded mighty fine, too, booming out of tight turns and up the mountain.  We pulled up at the tee at SR 75A and waved as he headed left to Helen, and I right, and over to Suches via US 129/SR180.

I don't have the time, money, or room for another m/c just now, and can't give up my EV or Ballabio for anything, much less a non-Italian.  But, I'd be pleased to have a XB12R in the GarageMahalo.  Drop by if you get one.

Bill

Inman Park

61395[/snapback]

<_>

Gee whiz.....so many Buell fans on the Guzzi site??

Ok.Ok. l'll conceed that the Buells do have a certain something, like a great booming exhaust note, a powerful air cooled, motor with push rods, and...gee, they are starting to sound just like the bike l know and love!!

ah, sorry, :huh2: cool as they may seem to some,

THEY AIN"T ITALIAN !!!!!!! :D

:mg:

Van

proud owner of Tenni #125

Gee whiz.....so many Buell fans on the Guzzi site??

Ok.Ok. l'll conceed that the Buells do have a certain something, like a great booming exhaust note,  a powerful air cooled, motor with push rods, and...gee, they are starting to sound just like the bike l know and love!!

ah, sorry,  :huh2: cool as they may seem to some,

THEY AIN"T ITALIAN !!!!!!! :D

True, not Italian. But one thing I love about my Guzzi is the fact that it doesn't emulate any other bike. Ducati's Monster has a bit of that left, but it's being copied more and more. The Buells have always caught my attention and I think they're becoming decent bikes. The whole thing for me is this- I like the idea of any bike that has a big, loud, air cooled mill hanging underneath and can cover ground quickly. That fact that my Lemans does it with style and comfort just seals the deal. :mg:

INFIDEL!!!! :helmet:

well,...just wait till you get the usual bs from your hd dealer...see how much you like it then...

but if you're going to sin...you might as well do it right,

just out of curiousity....if you can, test an RC51...see how that buell feels after... ;)

Go for it. Probably the best handling cool toy out there..........

They share some exotic nature, but they're different enough to lust for one and not feel like you're cheating on the MG.

I considered one, and the Ulysses looks great. Too close to the use I put my Scura to make it for me, but YMM CERTAINLY can V !! :D

Does this mean you're trading in the V11?? Oh, well, then scratch all that previous................... heh.

I have a completely stock 03 XB9S Lightning and I love it. Bought it used about 6 months ago with 6.5K miles. Go for it...

Here is a good forum for more info (the forum name comes from the Buell model names: Cyclone, Lightning, Firebolt, etc. - select the XB Board)...

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgibin/discus/discus.cgi

Tim

True, not Italian. But one thing I love about my Guzzi is the fact that it doesn't emulate any other bike. Ducati's Monster has a bit of that left, but it's being copied more and more. The Buells have always caught my attention and I think they're becoming decent bikes. The whole thing for me is this- I like the idea of any bike that has a big, loud, air cooled mill hanging underneath and can cover ground quickly. That fact that my Lemans does it with style and comfort just seals the deal. :mg:

61574[/snapback]

:mg:

Well put fellow Tenni owner!! :D

That is about the ditto of what l love about my V11

Cheers

Van