No more V11 LeMans ???

dangerous

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We all had omellettes or French Toast with coffee in various states of tune.

Next time I promise to ask for 'Toads in the Hole" to honor the Olde Country brethren and leave the waitress agast.

Knowing the Irish Contingent had acknowledged our posts, we paused waiting for the darkening of Scuras on the horizon . . . with no dull roar in the distance as of Spitfires over the hills we allowed ourselves the leave to ply hill and valley echoing off the cliffsides and even rather rattling that one Maserati coupe.

Wish you were here. :bike:

66170[/snapback]

but, but,, I was waiting for you in the hairdressers!

but, but,, I was waiting for you in the hairdressers!

66189[/snapback]

Even with a red frame there's not enough darkness at the hairdresser.

You'd feel at home here with all the stone walls on the roadside , bridges and even friendly sheep.

at home here

66193[/snapback]

OK I think I'll go for this one. It has 17 fireplaces, which sounds about right.

A000491.jpeg

Just hope I don't have to listen to the Tenni Sea Waltz too often.

Just hope I don't have to listen to the Tenni Sea Waltz.

66197[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: i must say, you should really come ride here! most vivacious posters are so quiet in person to require substantial libation to loosen up. :drink::drink:

Having never seen-a-Tenni-in-Tennessee it hurts my mouth to say so.

"Barkeep, another round for the DARKMAN and I."

Just wait till these Brevas and Grosses are 5 years old and all the chrome has fallen off, and the "CARC" has croaked. That will wipe the smiles from faces of Goffredo, V11UK and mdude's modernist faces.

66065[/snapback]

Oh yee of little faith :D:P:mg:.

Yeah I did it....

Since Jaap is checking all the lurkers I might as well place a post - maybe you guys will expell me but hey I still have my Guzzis :D

After 5 months of considering I traded my rosso corsa for a breva v1100 (corsa red of course).

Why would I do such a thing.. well quite simple, after my accident last year the v11 was giving me cramps im my right leg after 45 min or even less.

When I got home from sea beginning of october I tried it two more times but even half an hour was too much where as I didn't have any problem when riding my v75 policia - It was just the angle my knee couldn't make anymore.

I was also considering a Griso until I saw on the pictures that the angle upper-lower leg was even smaller than on my v11.

So I opted for the breva and what a good choice it turned out to be , I'm in love again :wub:

got it 3 weeks ago but the weather was so nice lately I already made 3000 km.

Part in the German Eiffel, part in the Belgium Ardennes and I really must say that she handles much nicer than the v11 rosso corsa.

I've read nice and not so nice things about the breva v1100 , the not so nice aguments all came from guzzisti and the nice arguments mostly from motorcycle reporters.

But believe it or not this is the best guzzi ever made till now and yes it is still a guzzi :mg::mg::mg:

It's obvious there is still room for improvement - the exhaust collector is ugly but hey that is the downside of protecting our enviroment - the original screen is still something I don't know if I'll keep it or not - well I have a schuberth c2 and wear plugs so the noise is minimal but the height is not correct - lot of turbulence.

I got the guzzi panniers and topcase - cost some but it is very nice looking (the panniers look like a clone from the aprilia futura - well they're stamped aprilia inside - and came with nice innerbags.

And second best of all I mounted a streetpilot 2610 with perfect cradle - it fits beautiful and what a pleasure it is to ride with gps- programmed it at home for 300 km of mountain twisties in the ardennes (low mountains of course) and it's just driving for the fun now.

And everything works.... - speedo , revs and the 'onboard computer ' it actually all works which is how it should be on a new motorcycle but never was with guzzi.

Still vibrations but no more numb right hand, most comfortable ride I ever had (on a guzzi, but comparable to a triumph tiger 955i) and the metzeler roadtech tires are really superb.

So all in all a good trade - and I'm happy with my breva

will I be expelled from this forum now???

66795[/snapback]

Weeell.... actually..... NO!

I don't think the forum would last too long if we get all dogmatic and start expelling people for alleged heresy. If the V11 was for Jesuits, a Breva rider would still be Catholic.

But believe it or not this is the best guzzi ever made till now and yes it is still a guzzi  :mg:  :mg:  :mg:

So all in all a good trade - and I'm happy with my breva

66795[/snapback]

Waahay!...another Breva V1100 owner on here. Liked your write up Rudi :thumbsup:, please stick around. Just remember to mention V11's every now and again so Jaap won't expel you.... :D.

Waahay!...another Breva V1100 owner on here. Liked your write up Rudi  :thumbsup:, please stick around. Just remember to mention V11's every now and again so Jaap won't expel you.... :D.

66810[/snapback]

Waahay indeed. I knew that would wake-up V11UK. I was disturbed to see the mention of of the Metzeler Roadtecs, Chris. Are they standard fitment? That means my V.11 has become part-Breva now! :P What next – spacehopper handlebars?

I'm sure that if the Breva sells well there will be a Breva 1100 website also. I'm really wanting a more long distance highway type Guzzi myself. Not that I'm going to sell my Rosso Mandello, but I want to have a couple different kinds of motorcycles. Budget is pending lol :D

That might be true Pete... but thats what we, well I love about Guzzi.

Guzzi has always been far from complete, and what worries me is that the Griso and Breva will be a more complete bike.

I think as far as the transverse Vtwin goes the Griso and Breva is looking like the biggest step away from Guzzi as we know it.... therfore I am very happy to have what I might end up calling the very last true 'Moto Guzzi' :bier:

:mg:

65539[/snapback]

The Breva leaves me cold- no passion for that one. The Griso is growing on me... I will have to withhold judgement until I see it at the CW show in Seattle. Maybe there will be a Lemans-like fairing for it. The hell with hard-bags-bungees and a duffle are fine- but give it a stylish front-end! I would like something more than a headlight to break the wind 250 miles into a 600-mile day.

No, the classic style of the LeMans is it. Now, if they could get that new drive and tranny in there, great, but the style is unique and stirs the soul.