*SCURA* gang hut

belfastguzzi

CAN I JOIN YOUR GANG IVE GOT A SCURA "R"

HAVENT MANAGED TO BRAKE THE CLUTCH YET" AND ITS STILL GOT PAINT ON THE ENGINE

JIM

71479[/snapback]

Jim, you're cheating. Your shiny bike has the new engine paint so unless you dab it with Nitromors (proprietary brand of paint stripper in UK) it won't blister. I can't remember if your clutch is a twin or single plate.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN I JOIN YOUR GANG IVE GOT A SCURA "R"

HAVENT MANAGED TO BRAKE THE CLUTCH YET" AND ITS STILL GOT PAINT ON THE ENGINE

JIM

71479[/snapback]

Come back when you've broken something. Then you can have an application form.

Guest jim fordham

Jim.

Third (or fourth on some) button up on the far left of your keyboard is "Caps Lock" give it a press :D

Martin

Thanks for the keyboard tour. I feel my life is so much richer know I have broken free of the "caps lock"

many thanks :moon:

Come back when you've broken something. Then you can have an application form.

71487[/snapback]

Better still, apply when you have deliberately bent or ruined something and earned a bodge point. Essential if you want to be a gang hut leader like BFG.

Better still, apply when you have deliberately bent or ruined something and earned a bodge point. Essential if you want to be a gang hut leader like BFG.

71702[/snapback]

ohhh I should have a crap load of bodge points by now then but I'll try and earn them the right way. :unsure:

ohhh I should have a crap load of bodge points by now then but I'll try and earn them the right way.  :unsure:

71712[/snapback]

You simply have to post the details, and I'll decide whether your actions are legitimate maintenance, repair or customisation or unforgivable bodging and you will be awarded the (obviously coveted) bodge points as appropriate. They are hard to earn though, particularly the golden variety. To get his Golden Point BFG had to marmalize a piece of ally and roughly crimp it around a precision made roller using a pair of grips in order to adjust his fast idle.........

Bodge jobs?

1) I couldn't figure out how to safely get my tank off the bike so I had a buddy hold it up and tilt it so I could get the airbox out of there. Thats a bit of a bodge job.

2) I ordered the wrong size K&N's so I had to take the stock veloticy stacks and cut the ends off of them and then mount the filter to that. AND I couldn't make them any longer because the filters get in the way of the tank and frame. So now I have Mini Velocity stacks.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=4148 look closely. :luigi:

3) The Carbon Fiber tank pad I ordered from a Forum member didn't fit properly (I have the shorter frame/tank model) So I could only get 2 of the bolts to fit/line up and the other 2 bolts I cut the ends off of'em and glued them in place for 'looks' So far it seems to be holding it in place fairly well.

So do I qualify for more bodge points or maybe even a golden bodge? :grin:

Bodge jobs?

1) I couldn't figure out how to safely get my tank off the bike so I had a buddy hold it up and tilt it so I could get the airbox out of there. Thats a bit of a bodge job.

2) I ordered the wrong size K&N's so I had to take the stock veloticy stacks and cut the ends off of them and then mount the filter to that. AND I couldn't make them any longer because the filters get in the way of the tank and frame. So now I have Mini Velocity stacks.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=4148 look closely.  :luigi:

3) The Carbon Fiber tank pad I ordered from a Forum member didn't fit properly (I have the shorter frame/tank model) So I could only get 2 of the bolts to fit/line up and the other 2 bolts I cut the ends off of'em and glued them in place for 'looks' So far it seems to be holding it in place fairly well.

So do I qualify for more bodge points or maybe even a golden bodge?  :grin:

71726[/snapback]

1. Not a bodge. Whilst this isn't the factory method, the condition of the bike was not compromised nor damage caused by this method, so a bodge point wouldn't be appropriate.

2. I guess this is related to the reason I awarded the point you have, so I don't think either another one, or upgrading it to Golden is appropriate right now.

3. If you did this to a functionally important component you would qualify for a Golden Point. As the pad is cosmetic, it isn't so serious. However, if I bought a bike and found this I would swear and insult the perpetrator, so yes, you can have another standard Bodge Point.

Do you need the file again? Or can you double up on the one you have already. I'm keeping a list of awards so I know who should have what.

alright I'll just add a golden bodge for the filters and the original bodge is for the tank pad.  :lol:

71732[/snapback]

You are not supposed to aspire to a golden bodge, but I guess it's a borderline case and those shortened stacks would make me as a purchaser feel icky about what I might find if I took it apart so here you are. Its Christmas after all......

post-1630-1135453286_thumb.jpg

71702[/snapback]

I've NEVER ruined anything.

Only re-purposed them.