Steepest Road

belfastguzzi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The countryside in Norway looks beautiful- must add it to my list of places I need to ride to!

Guy  :helmet:

69331[/snapback]

Do that. Mail me, and Ill give you some advice and tips. On the same trip you could be driving this, in the middle of the North Sea... Atlanterhavsveien_tur.jpg

It's somewhere I have wanted to get to – someone should arrange a trip – and figure out for me how I can find some free time.

It's somewhere I have wanted to get to – someone should arrange a trip – and figure out for me how I can find some free time.

69364[/snapback]

I think you can get a ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, Bergen or Kristiansand.

I have already planned next years trips- all the UK Guzzi Club rallies, hopefully the UK and German V11 rallies plus Erin and a biking holiday in the USA. Thats what I get for carrying 15 days holiday over into next year!

I really fancy Norway in 2007 though.

Guy :helmet:

69364[/snapback]

I think you can get a ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, Bergen or Kristiansand.

I have already planned next years trips- all the UK Guzzi Club rallies, hopefully the UK and German V11 rallies plus Erin and a biking holiday in the USA. Thats what I get for carrying 15 days holiday over into next year!

I really fancy Norway in 2007 though.

Guy :helmet:

69365[/snapback]

Thats it then, discuss it at the Erin this year, also serves the purpose that we can tolerate each others offline personality and presence. and then arrange for 07. There was a big scandinavian rally that was posted on here that could be an idea to take in.

If we arrange it in advance you should be able to sort the time away one hopes.

Mdude posted one for 06

and Tikkanen posted an 05 Nordic one in Denmark

"There was a big scandinavian rally that was posted on here that could be an idea to take in."

Saw that, but there's no way of getting the free time.

2007 though...... :food:

"tolerate each others offline personality and presence"

This is clearly the biggest problem. The ferry crossing should provide more than enough social contact. Thereafter, I suggest that Guzzirider travels North to South, you go West to East, I'll go South – North. Plus, 2007 gives Guzzirider a whole extra year to mature...

I am happy to carry a zimmer frame and a camode for the old men of the trip.

69399[/snapback]

JRT's coming?

It's ok: sure I can put that stuff in the back of the car with me.

I'm hoping to ride to Norway next summer.

I wonder if June is too early :unsure:

69345[/snapback]

Yeah, it is. Look's like it's a year too early.

Thats it then, discuss it at the Erin this year, also serves the purpose that we can tolerate each others offline personality and presence. and then arrange for 07.

Oh sure...plan around me :angry:

In all fairness, I probably wouldn't be able to match everyone else's schedules. That and I probably wouldn't be able to keep up pint-wise during the ferry crossing :D

though it would be nice to launch an invasion on Norway with a platoon of Guzzis :bike:

... If the GF lets me. :glare:

69461[/snapback]

Hey now! :angry:

you just set the ruffty tuffty individualist Guzzisti image back several steps with this "if the girlfriend lets me business".

You need to be the Donald Rumsfeld of the household!

:D

Hey now! :angry:

you just set the ruffty tuffty individualist Guzzisti image back several steps with this "if the girlfriend lets me business".

You need to be the Donald Rumsfeld of the household!

:D

69552[/snapback]

:stupid: Hear hear. Besides, finding a good replacement G/F on the web is a sight easier than finding a good replacement bike you know.

I'm hoping to ride to Norway next summer.

I wonder if June is too early :unsure:

69345[/snapback]

Hi Orson. June will be allright. When driving in Norway you have to expect some bad weather, so dress for it. I'd say that late July probably has the most stable weather, but theres such a lot of traffic in late july/early august when everyones on holiday.... old german geezers with mobile homes...

And: theres a ferry from Newcastle to Bergen. When in Bergen, you are right in the middle of it all. Drive north or south along the coast and be amazed. I also think that the prices on booze on the ferry will help to smooth out all personality issues...