Gentlemen

belfastguzzi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfast is kidding us, it is some sort of tease.

72154[/snapback]

Not a tease – a test. And... an acid test that ought to be carried out every couple of years, to allow reflection on the state of the Forum. Docc proposed the test, back in the good old days when posters were, mostly, gentlemen.

The acid test is for someone to post "I think I'll get rid of my Guzzi."

This forum has always been most gentlemanly in response.>

When we've got the likes of Nogbad and Badbadmotogoosey running about the place, the chances are that traditional values will be trampled underfoot. Jaap, in his quiet way, sought to address the issue by creating a Tenni Forum, within the Board. Undoubtedly he saw this as a haven that gentlemen could retire to, when, for example, things take a turn for the worse on Tech Topics. Unfortunately he failed to spot the rather obvious drawback to this solution: that the Tenni Forum would actually be populated by Tenni Guys.

Everyone knows Tenni Guys are more

princess-sovereign-lg.jpg

than superbe54.gif, so, that idea is never going to work. However, a Register of Gentlemen – that might just work. It would be a starting point anyway.

72173[/snapback]

I think the test only works with electric Koolaid® not digital drool :P:

Not a tease – a test. And... an acid test that ought to be carried out every couple of years, to allow reflection on the state of the Forum. Docc proposed the test, back in the good old days when posters were, mostly, gentlemen.

When we've got the likes of Nogbad and Badbadmotogoosey running about the place, the chances are that traditional values will be trampled underfoot. Jaap, in his quiet way, sought to address the issue by creating a Tenni Forum, within the Board. Undoubtedly he saw this as a haven that gentlemen could retire to, when, for example,  things take a turn for the worse on Tech Topics. Unfortunately he failed to spot the rather obvious drawback to this solution: that the Tenni Forum would actually be populated by Tenni Guys.

Everyone knows Tenni Guys are more

princess-sovereign-lg.jpg

than superbe54.gif, so, that idea is never going to work. However, a Register of Gentlemen – that might just work. It would be a starting point anyway.

72173[/snapback]

BFG, Thats a Scurra mate, don't you know :sun: Tenni's :notworthy: are Green, and Silver !!

Silly boy !!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Well really! A less gentlemanly response I can scarcely imagine. Even if it is true. (I did reduce a Honda 500T to cardboard boxes once and eventually sold said boxes for a paltry amount.)

Nogbad, a gentleman does not necessarily tell the truth.

72103[/snapback]

But the truth will set you free. (John 8:31-32)

Try Number 31:17-18.

72246[/snapback]

Was I mistaken. Oh well, I'm not really a practising religionist, I just picked up the reference using Google.

:homer: