Duffy Lake

Yes. I think for sheer ingenuity in the face of adversity I have to award the Golden Bodge Point.

91478[/snapback]

It's your call but I thought the definition of bodge was something like "a repair done in the field that causes more damage, needing to be repaired in its own right at a later date".

Although the (whateveritis) *might* have caused further problems, it actually didn't. I don't consider it a bodge - I'm very impressed.

Unless the "Golden Bodge Point" means something else.....

m

It's your call but I thought the definition of bodge was something like "a repair done in the field that causes more damage, needing to be repaired in its own right at a later date".

Although the (whateveritis) *might* have caused further problems, it actually didn't.  I don't consider it a bodge - I'm very impressed.

m

91796[/snapback]

It seems that far-flung bits of the Commonwealth have a tendency to degenerate into disorder. :grin: These are Canadians, no? With brown bears on one side and hostile savages on the other, there's not much time for debating subtle points best left to Webster's dictionary.

As for myself, I'm viciously envious :notworthy: of all you guys who can access the Duffy Lake area on a regular basis. I've never been on a motorbike, but have enjoyed the hills and once drove into a ditch in a blinding snowstorm - requiring rescue by snowplow after they closed the road.

Guest Nogbad

m

91796[/snapback]

It does. The Golden Bodge isn't as strictly applied. You are of course right, and I wouldn't award the Red Bodge for this. The Golden points are intended to be awarded more widely and to cover this sort of ingenious but precarious idea.

But no-one is ever compelled to accept either award! (unless Jaap compels them of course)

Recieved good news today, talked to the rep from the construction company where I had my "incident", where the rock rolled out in front of me from a grader. They've been quite good about it and are sending $580 to Valley MotoGuzzi in Chilliwack to do the repair, including labour even.

Sometimes good things happen to bad people I guess

Guest Nogbad
Recieved good news today, talked to the rep from the construction company where I had my "incident", where the rock rolled out in front of me from a grader. They've been quite good about it and are sending $580 to Valley MotoGuzzi in Chilliwack to do the repair, including labour even.

91842[/snapback]

WOW! :thumbsup: Corporate Social Responsibility in action. Maybe it isn't all hype from manangement consultants and window dressing after all!

Yes. I think for sheer ingenuity in the face of adversity I have to award the Golden Bodge Point.

91478[/snapback]

I used the bike seat as a side stand so that I could work at the transmission cover side.

Golden-Pine-woodstain Bodge Point?

Guest Nogbad
I used the bike seat as a side stand so that I could work at the transmission cover side.

Golden-Pine-woodstain Bodge Point?

91914[/snapback]

BFG, You don't want any bodge points though. The ones you had before still stand if you want to display them, and I guess you can have another Golden one for the use of the seat as a side stand.

On the other hand, you don't have to go along with the whole bodge point thing if you don't want to. It was just a bit of fun. The Golden one was introduced because so little REAL bodging happens I needed a more widely available award.

I thought the definition of bodge was something like "a repair done in the field that causes more damage, needing to be repaired in its own right at a later date".

91796[/snapback]

Ahh. Yeah. I think I have a fair example!

BFG, You don't want any bodge points though. The ones you had before still stand if you want to display them,

91918[/snapback]

I sent them for cleaning.

Guest Nogbad
Ahh. Yeah. I think I have a fair example!

91925[/snapback]

OK, forget the gold one you can have a genuine red one for that and using the seat to prop the bike up. Incindentally, did you damage the seat?

So, that's two red and one gold you can show. If your cleaners are having trouble, pick up some cleaned, resized ones by linking to DeBen's

Incindentally, did you damage the seat?

91932[/snapback]

! Do you take me for a fool!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Glad to hear you had the repair covered (this is Bill the other Duc rider on the Duffy Lake run :D ).

I just returned from retreiving my 03' EV California from Rigaud Quebec after a clutch failure on the return leg of my 24,000k ride from the Pacific to the Atlantic. Took a bit longer than expected but all in all was a great ride. I celebrated by 55th and 40 years of safe riding where I should be, on the road!

Look forward to another run with you guys, still waitin for the photos from the last one though :doh: