Sloppage sheet prototype?

pete roper

Stainless? Aluminum? Wot?! No carbon fiber option? :huh2:

Rj

Ni! The epoxy used for CF will eventually break down over time & exposure to heat, chemicals, etc.

UV is the biggest enemy, of course, but a sloppage sheet wouldn't be seeing much of that in use...

;)

At any rate, shedding little bits of carbon into your oil wouldn't be a good plan for your Guzzi 20 years down the road, so let's just stick w/ steel...

:thumbsup:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At any rate, shedding little bits of carbon into your oil wouldn't be a good plan for your Guzzi 20 years down the road, so let's just stick w/ steel...

I thought graphite was a lubricant..... :lol:

Stainless? Aluminum? Wot?! No carbon fiber option? :huh2:

Rj

Pete should make it out of 10mm tungsten steel as this would make an excellent ballast. :grin:

But seriously, if you are going to add weight to the Guzzi, the sump is the place to add it.

If we were talking unsprung or rotating mass, we might be in for 4 pages of argument on the material of choice. :whistle:

Guest ratchethack

Which weighs more, a gallon of gas or a stainless steel plate with holes in it? :huh2:

I reckon many a Guzzi carries more weight in road debris and grime than a baffle plate. <_<

If it's that much of a concern, clean y'er bike. :huh2:

Which weighs more, a gallon of gas or a stainless steel plate with holes in it? :huh2:

I reckon many a Guzzi carries more weight in road debris and grime than a baffle plate. <_>

If it's that much of a concern, clean y'er bike. :huh2:

too much work.

I really want to find someone who will teflon coat my wheels and alternator cover....but the teflon adds weight too :doh:

When I bought an airtech streamlining BMW fariring for my bike, there glass job was so light that I must have increased its weight by 50% after two coats of spray paint. :wacko:

I trust I am not in the company of the sort of people that will spend barrowloads of money and time saving a pound on the mass of their bike, then celebrate by having a blow-out at the local pie shop and come out 4 pounds heavier! :whistle:;)

Nige :grin:B)

Guest Nogbad

I trust I am not in the company of the sort of people that will spend barrowloads of money and time saving a pound on the mass of their bike, then celebrate by having a blow-out at the local pie shop and come out 4 pounds heavier! :whistle:;)

Nige :grin:B)

It's kind of amusing. The V11 ALREADY ate all the pies anyway, and the fat went south. These kind of comments should be on a Jap 600 website to have any credibility.

It's kind of amusing. The V11 ALREADY ate all the pies anyway, and the fat went south. These kind of comments should be on a Jap 600 website to have any credibility.

Just as valid anywhere if you are getting a bit precious about weight saving.

The number of classic racers I see over here with pristine expensive lightened parts on their machines and the riders are approaching twenty stone. :grin:

Nige. B)

I am going to buy a carbon fibre alternator cover so it doesnt gain any weight :D:bike: ( its my bike and i can do what i want) Before i put the doodaa on :luigi: Thats if i can find one :huh2:

Gary

Ni! The epoxy used for CF will eventually break down over time & exposure to heat, chemicals, etc.

UV is the biggest enemy, of course, but a sloppage sheet wouldn't be seeing much of that in use...

;)

:rolleyes: I wasn't serious...

Hell carbon fiber looks ridiculous on these fat pigs anyway. I always laugh when I see a V11 with Cf on it. Like shaving a couple pounds off a Mack truck.

Rj

:rolleyes: I wasn't serious...

Hell carbon fiber looks ridiculous on these fat pigs anyway. I always laugh when I see a V11 with Cf on it. Like shaving a couple pounds off a Mack truck.

Rj

Well, the Scura came with it on.

I never quite saw the point of putting CF over stainless cans though :homer:

I like the way it looks, and that bit won't rust! ;)

Nige. B)

...The number of classic racers I see over here with pristine expensive lightened parts on their machines and the riders are approaching twenty stone. :grin:...

Just trying to make a nice bike - I say good luck to em all!

Fatty Baldini :food:

To be fair to them, probably, yes.

None of that genre expect to win.

That said they would be safer in parades than racing, as they can get in the way of the serious racers. :rolleyes:

Nige. B)