1200s at a dealer in pescara

Paul Minnaert

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

If this is the "sports" bike that the factory insiders have been allegedly talking about, then many will be disappointed.

To say the least.

The MGS-01 NEEDS TO BE PRODUCED as a Strada model and sell in the USA for about $14990 !!!

MGS-01 is what I think of when I hear the words "Guzzi Sportsbike"...

This new Norge 1200 mill would work just fine in the MGS chassis. Good fun on the street and on the track.

Come on Guzzi. Let's see it happen !!!

:bike:

Guest drknow

To say the least.

The MGS-01 NEEDS TO BE PRODUCED as a Strada model and sell in the USA for about $14990 !!!

MGS-01 is what I think of when I hear the words "Guzzi Sportsbike"...

This new Norge 1200 mill would work just fine in the MGS chassis. Good fun on the street and on the track.

Come on Guzzi. Let's see it happen !!!

I think (hope) that there's another sporting Guzzi to come. This bike is just a natural evolution of the Breva 1100 and fits a niche. It would get killed against the BMW R1200S, which seems to be a proper sportbike, as evidenced by it's winning ways racing already.

A guzzi version of that bike is what I want, and make it look like the MGS-01.

dk

Now hold on - let’s think about this for a second:

It's got the Griso Heads, Silver Drive Train, Brembos with wave rotors, blacked out frames components = this is the bike to CHOP! Can you imagine some really custom bodywork on this bike? How about accessing the Ducati aftermarket for things like triple trees and clip-ons, rear sets - exhaust? Ohlins front and rear? Is OZ or Marascini making wheels for this platform yet?? Come on - I've been waiting for a Moto Guzzi to customize!!!! This could be it!

jb

this is the bike to CHOP!

jb

I can see where you are coming from- I can see Orange County Choppers building the "Tractor Bike" in dedication to America's farm workers using this Guzzi as a base.

To say the least.

This new Norge 1200 mill would work just fine in the MGS chassis.

No it won't the alternator has been moved between the V to allow everyone that wanted to run coffe makers hair straitener's (never such a thing existed till the other day) and all the other do dads on top of making sparkes pumpin fuel and seeing where you are going. The engine has also been shifted forward so I'm no sure about mounting pionts transmission lengths etc etc. Yes they can be overcome but after riding the Griso, how much better the 1200 is I don't know they keep disappearing off the local dealers floor, as a sports bike motor in the current market it will be seriously under done IMO. It will need some more go to back up the show.

It's got the Griso Heads, Silver Drive Train, Brembos with wave rotors, blacked out frames components = this is the bike to CHOP!

It's got the Norge heads , I suppose the bike has 1151cc or so. Now put on a couple of Mistrals and tune the map from Euro 3 to Euro 0 specs and there you get 100Whp at least, for sure. That's cool.

Guest Ridin'High

Hmm there maybe some hope for actual progress, but for now...

The Griso was feaured in this month's Cycle World

518 lbs *dry*

77.2 HP

59.7 ft-lbs

good thing it is so pretty.

and this is a 1200... That is about on par with a harley 1200 Sporster (Buell is 80/66 btw)Geez, and only 10 more than my Hawk GT.

That is actually *less* power than the 1100 sport they sold 20 years ago, what gives?

At least the new sport is supposed to have 100hp according to this weeks MCN...

The Griso has a 1100 Engine, Eruo 3 specs , is a lot of crap , but who's going to let his bike like this , anyways.

Guzzi never had a 1100 20 years ago, the first 1100 saw the light of production in '94.

I really doupt about what the mags say to be all times right ,and a dynomometer never really measures the whole potential of a bike. Is just a curve in sertain

RPM at TP deg at the moment (measuring somekind of acceleration through time).

My Sport 1100 with FCR 41s and full Staintune is faster than my stock Nero Corsa. Noticeably faster.

The suspension and transmission are so much better on the Nero that a little drop in power isn't bothering me too bad.

I'm hoping to do the exhaust/PCIII to the Nero, then maybe my old Sport won't have anything on my new Nero.

Well, except aerodynamics. The Nero's airflow past my helmet is smooth, alright, but it's much LOUDER than the Sport 1100. Go figure.

The Sport 1100 is probably the quietest faired sportsbike I've ever ridden, wind noise wise anyway...

No it won't the alternator has been moved between the V to allow everyone that wanted to run coffe makers hair straitener's (never such a thing existed till the other day) and all the other do dads on top of making sparkes pumpin fuel and seeing where you are going. The engine has also been shifted forward so I'm no sure about mounting pionts transmission lengths etc etc. Yes they can be overcome but after riding the Griso, how much better the 1200 is I don't know they keep disappearing off the local dealers floor, as a sports bike motor in the current market it will be seriously under done IMO. It will need some more go to back up the show.

...that can be remedied in the same way they did it on the Cal Vintage,

or they could just revamp the frame...

No big hurdles anyway you slice it.

I have a similar setup 1100 sports (carbs and exhaust). After stepping directly off that onto a griso there was a significant differnce especailly in midrange stomp. Factor in that my bike has covered 102 000km's and is about 20+psi down on compression, Mandello we have a problem.

I'd like to see something true to the Guzzi tradition, yet more refined for a Guzzi street-going sportbike-- a supercharged twin-cam pushrod 4 valver, dry sump, oil/air cooled, possibly even supplemented with a modest liquid cooling system. Small jackets, small radiator, lightweight, etc.

With the traditional Guzzi engine orientation, most cooling could be achieved with air/oil, but the supplemental liquid cooling system could allow more headroom for compression, hotter cams, bigger valves, etc. A dry sump design would provide a net gain weight reduction-wise, even when adding liquid cooling, a supercharger, and another cam.

The displacement could be kept quite modest (saving weight), grunt provided by long stroke and modest bore. It wouldn't need to rev particularly high, but would still provide huge grins between 4K and 8K-- remember, we're talking about a sport bike for the street, not for the track.

Seems to me this type of design would give us a lighter, faster, nimbler, snottier, and more forgiving sport bike for the street, and it would still be all Guzzi.

Just my 2+ cents.

Ugh!!A Breva it is,a Sexy V11 it is not!I'm sure reliability and performance will be improved,but I'll hold on to my Scura till they make something that looks like a classic GUZZI.

Michael

There's a review in today's Motorcycle News (UK bike weekly) giving it four stars out of five. However it acknowledges that it is slow and at 95bhp putting out substantially less than any other "sport" bike (excluding Harleys). In addition it weighs 31kg more than a BMW R1200R!

Cost is estimated at £7695. Two quotes from the article

"The new 1200 Sport is a proper hairy-chested man's bike and on the road this beefy hunk of steel is truly Guzzi's best yet"

and

"The Sport is one big mutha"

looks nice as well!!