New Guzzis at Milan

Guzzirider

EICMA 2006  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which new model(s) should Guzzi reveal in Milan this month?

• 125bhp road legal MGS01
    • Sports bike with Aprilia V Twin engine
    • Stelvio enduro based tourer
    • 1200cc versions of Griso / Breva
    • 260bhp V8 800cc Moto GP bike
    • Tractor with detuned 750 motor for ploughing them fields

I voted for a street-legal MGS01. Actually I don't care if it will look like the MGS01 but I would like to see a new original SPORT Guzzi model, which it will give approximately 110 to 115 bhp to the rear wheel. I am not asking for much!! Just a true street legal Guzzi V twin model. I don't need too much horsepower (like the Japanese ones) but 110 to 115 rw bhp is a respectable horsepower! Come on Guzzi, wake up and make us smile. Make us stop trying to achieve more power from your beautiful bikes, by mounting aftermarket exhausts, crossovers etc....Give us a real sporting factory bike in a competitive price!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted enduro because I think that's one they can sell in volume. I really want t see MG survive, and thrive.

However, I still want to see an updated spine sport bike. MGS based, with 1200 cc 4 valve head and 115 - 120 RWHP. Entirely doable if you look at what BMW has done with their air cooled lump, but not sure enough riders in that category to justify the expenditure.

I voted enduro because I think that's one they can sell in volume. I really want t see MG survive, and thrive.

However, I still want to see an updated spine sport bike. MGS based, with 1200 cc 4 valve head and 115 - 120 RWHP. Entirely doable if you look at what BMW has done with their air cooled lump, but not sure enough riders in that category to justify the expenditure.

But BMW's R1200s only makes about 110 RWHP.

While Guzzi could beat that, and produce 120rwhp, I doubt they could do it within the next year without producing an otherwise crappy torque curve like a land speed racer.

I would be impressed if they could just break the 100 RWHP barrier in a bike with a nice torque curve, like a Centauro but with more overall power. 1200ccs should make that doable.

Dress it up in Monza/MGS sport fairing, etc. and people will be selling their wives so that they can buy it.

Guzzi needs an 1800cc cruiser lump so they can make lots of money off of the lucrative cruiser market in the USA. Then perhaps, they'd have enough money to produce a new class of Guzzi street bikes that we can all aspire to. I would however, happily ditch my riding lawnmower in favor of a Guzzi tractor...

I'm still hoping for a new transverse, air/water/oil cooled, 90 degree V-twin sportsbike, but looks like i'm going to have to keep wishing!!! :wub:

Maybe not. Aprilia just announced its new V4 MotoGP engine. Maybe Guzzi will "inherit" Aprilia's V-twin for use in a sportsbike...

My image of Moto Guzzi , is of a sport brand, that made it"s name by racing everything they got, Normale 1921, 4cv, sport 14,falcone sport, v8 , v7 sport, lemans etc.

You can live by selling touring and naked bikes, but Guzzi needs at least to honor it"s history and have a special sport bike in production. MGS-01 or something in this direction, with street legal equipment, would be a statement to the heritage of Carlo Guzzi,

and a model that reflects the spirit of Moto Guzzi.

Wake up and smell the coffee. People/press went ga-ga over the MGS-01. Make a street legal one with the new 8V motor in a slightly higher state of tune and it'll sell like hotcakes.

BTW, sorry, but as an offroad rider I have a bone to pick with the "enduro" label. The Stelvio is not an enduro. An enduro is a street legal dirt bike, a la Husqvarna TE series or Kawi KLX. In my state that means headlight/tailight/mirror/horn.

yeah its no enduro, its a dual-purpose and more like 80% road by the looks of it. <_ i still like one to tackle the concrete jungle how many curbs and shrubbery have you wanted just plow through save a few seconds or get better parking spot src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_happy.png" alt="^_^">

My image of Moto Guzzi , is of a sport brand, that made it"s name by racing everything they got, Normale 1921, 4cv, sport 14,falcone sport, v8 , v7 sport, lemans etc.

You can live by selling touring and naked bikes, but Guzzi needs at least to honor it"s history and have a special sport bike in production. MGS-01 or something in this direction, with street legal equipment, would be a statement to the heritage of Carlo Guzzi,

:stupid:

....& I'd like to see something fast in a Tonti style frame - Every other manufacturer is plundering their heritage - so presumably it makes money? Mustangs & Minis to Paul Smart replicas & Bonneville pastiches.

KB :sun:

They've been out of racing since '57 and essentially bankrupt since the current V-twin was introduced. That's not much worthy of building on. I say chuck it all, and bring out something truly original that will either immediately sink the company again or raise it up to glory. The time for half measures was 30 years ago . . .

My feelings exactly...

B)

They've been out of racing since '57 and essentially bankrupt since the current V-twin was introduced. That's not much worthy of building on. I say chuck it all, and bring out something truly original that will either immediately sink the company again or raise it up to glory. The time for half measures was 30 years ago . . .

I think you're right about that, Greg...

Guest boabcomo

I've heard they are producing a 1200 Breva!! The Stelvio should be there also but yes please, get the homologised MGS01 out!!

- Breva 1200

There rumors of a Bellagio-based Classic Sport bike....

Now that would be cool...

I was thinking about that the other day, wondering what an ali road racing tank would look like on a Bellagio...

Racing may sell bikes but they are usually Japanese you don't see that many race rep Ducati's running around and not many can afford the V4 race rep. Japan has always been good at marketing their products at a very good price.We could list all of the fab race rep's that have come from japan over the years but they have all been affordable. Guzzi's latest attempt to lure Harley riders to the Billagio just won't work yes it's a better bike but it's far more expensive than the Harley. In 30 years of owning Guzzi's have they or their local agent ever contacted me NO, I know more about the V7 sport than Guzzi do.