Does anyone else find this forum snobbish?

Dirtybill

however I am putting a Super Charger on my Miata this week so I have been posting over on the Miatanet. Riding the Le Mans KILLED the fun of the Miata.

Heh, oh I know about the whole Miata money-pit :lol: I used to be very active in the "late 90's" on miata.net I used to have a post in the tech section about "Removing those darned eye-ball vents" :lol:

Ahh... there it is. Wow, so loooooong ago.

...really liked that car :thumbsup:

al

OH, and Jaap, can you change my title to:

Postus Prolificus
:lol: ...pretty funny stuff there Carl :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Robson

I don't find the site snobbish at all (sorry to disagree with you dirtybill, being a close neighbour an'all), but I simply think that it reflects how people generally are. Most folks want to stand at the edge either due to shyness, a lack of impetus to join in or perhaps are scared of the technology (don't ask!!!).

....just look at the voting percentage in your next local election.

I was the one that posted the reusable oil filter posting, and of course it died when I said that Scott said get lost, but someone else picked up the thread and said that they are using a Beemer filter and Hey Presto, Scott make a fitting for this filter, so that may open up the thread again.

This site has provided lots of information for me and if no -one answers to a thread I've started, I only sob for a few seconds. :rasta:

Guest mcloutier

I think I will speak up for the mostly quiet majority of the users on this board. I only post when I think I have something to add that I belive I have some knowledge on. I am not new to motorcycles but I am new to Guzzi. I read the board just about every day looking for something new to learn and occasionaly post when I think I can help. There are some extremely social users on this board that tend to dominate the posts, but I have found them all very willing to help out with advice if they think it is a subject they are comfortable with. If a post did not get much attention it is probably because nobody cared enough about the post to do the research or they just didn't have anything to add. This doesn't mean that they were blowing you off. Don't take it personal. Some people on this board have gone way out of their way to help me with nothing in return except my gratification.

BTW Thank you Jaap for the best damm guzzi site on the net! :mg:

Gotta read those posts. Dirty Bill doesn't think we're snobby.

btw. I guess it was my misconception about the snobbishness. Must be hangin round to many BMW owners lately

Well, yeah, I did notice that at the one BMW rally I went to. Beemer folks in my area are pretty nice though.

I sure hate the word clique. It does have the ring of a group of snobs. We're not snobs and we don't have a clique. We have ENTHUSIASTS! :bier:

Guzzi's Forever!!! :mg:

I've rather enjoyed a comfortable welcome here. I've been warned about beng 'hooted' off other boards and witnessed countless little tiffs on other forums. But not here.

The acid test is for someone to post "I think I'll get rid of my Guzzi." This forum has always been most gentlemanly in response. Not so elsewhere as you'd be labelled 'troll' or worse.

I appreciate all of your patience with me and my hope to better use and understand my V11.

And Carl ! ! You know we 'Sport - sorts' are just visiting here in Le Mans land! That view of the mounds . . . eh, er . . .mountains is sure to offend the snobby LM types. You know they're not into nekkid stuff! Mebbe Jaap could photo-shop a fairing onto that green sport.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dumb_Ape

In comparission to other bike related boards one could feel a little left out, but isn't it really a question of what you put in.

I have visited the board pretty much from it's earliest days, but never got around to doing much more than 'take' some of the great content on here...

We all ride a rather unusual bike when compared to the plastic fantasic things that is the majority of biking (especially in the UK) and sources of info are fairly limited.

I for one have found the content very useful and would like to thank all those who have shared thier experiences so freely.

so have a virtual :drink: on me by way of thanks

Guest Dumb_Ape
Hey Dumb Ape!

Hope you don't mind if my bowling team, The Drunken Monkeys, steals your signature quote.

grazie!

You are welcome :D

BTW, anybody who buys a green Guzzi is colorblind, stupid and probably has sex with farm animals. I know this true because I read it on some internet site.

Okay Smart Guy! :lol: Mine's not green anyway, nor is it a "Goldmember"!!! B)

Forget the member, that sex with farm animals arouses more of my interest in a snobish way.

I think everyone of you people are snobs and suck ass's . And if any of ya'll dont like what I have to say just bring it on, but I'll tell you right now you dont want to force me to put on my Ninja suit cuz I'll put some internet karate on your ass. I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be able to use my shoe laces to floss your teeth :finger:

AL that.s because I,m man of little vocabulary and ass is the new word for today besides I'm man of action so dont you go making fun cause I half ass like you .And if we was in jail together I,d let you be my bitch . So be carful what you say or I might have to trade you for pack of cigarettes. :thumbsup: