Ninth South'n Spine Raid 2013

docc

Well, rats.  Just when we CARCians were about to take over, another Vertebral shows up.  Sheesh.   :grin:

Look forward to seeing you ... and that RC, my favorite of the spines.

Upstate "Empire State"  (where, btw?) has its many (including paved) charms, but Tennessee and anywhere along the Appalachian spine -- there I go again, and also forgetting that includes N.Y. -- is grand two-wheels country.

September loometh ... OK, eventually.

Best,

Bill

Upstate NY north of Albany around the town of Schaghticoke, where the riding both on and offroad is great but the winters are 4-5 months long! Not to mention the ever increasing taxes and loss of personal freedom (the safe act). So far love the riding down here although I haven't done to much off road treking yet but some which enabled me to get close to the local wildlife...smoky bear himself.

Well since I moved from upstate NY to TN and now live about an hour from Tellico Plains I better make it this year! The Skyway is open went through there last week on the GS. 

UH-OH,Hal's gone Reb! :grin:

Well since I moved from upstate NY to TN and now live about an hour from Tellico Plains I better make it this year! The Skyway is open went through there last week on the GS. 

UH-OH,Hal's gone Reb! :grin:

Ha! No just a yankee living among the rebs! Actually I have been riding with a local guy (who also has a spine frame) and he wanted me to know this area was pro union troops, they talk about the civil war like it was yesterday.

p.s. for many it ain't over... if you can talk to some intelligent Civil War aficionados you will get hooked .If you talk to some zealous idiots you will be turned off.

A good test is to ask them if they know anything about Shelby Foote. If they do, sit and listen  and you will be a changed man. If they are a X flag wavin' racist.....well, you know what to do.

I would venture that the veranda at Walt's cabins in the Appalachians would be a fine place to carry on an interesting discussion on those (complex) topics. But probably not here, if I may politely suggest.

But, ya'll come now, y'hear? ;)

Oh yeah !  That was for wassp's personal advice..... That ( CW ) is a good subject for adults that  can deteriorate quickly in the wrong hands.

Have fun down there. I remember the heat, tried a run to the NC coast oughta the Blue Mountains... way too hot, cooked me and the bike! I turned back, the rear cylinder could not deal with that temperature. BBQ is the worlds best though. Its been 30 yrs , but it feels like yesterday. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I'm starting on Thursday the Twelfth just to avert any incumbent superstition. Not that I would ascribe to such nonsense, but I will be burning shop lights and acid core solder around the Guzzi until midnight.

There will be incantations. Possibly imbibation.

Team Spine Raid: keeping the spooky badness away one popped cap at a time. :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

Really? it's gonna start out on a Friday the 13th.....really?

You stay at home that day?  I'd worry about meteor strikes hitting the house.   :grin:

Have fun down there. I remember the heat, tried a run to the NC coast oughta the Blue Mountains... way too hot, cooked me and the bike! I turned back, the rear cylinder could not deal with that temperature. BBQ is the worlds best though. Its been 30 yrs , but it feels like yesterday. :thumbsup:

Summer's heat can be brutal, but September should be OK: 

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/37385

Besides, on the high ground of the Cherohala --  http://www.cherohala.org/ (and not there when you visited last) -- we'll be covering our mesh.

Uhm.  Just noticed.  "Rear cylinder."  With your 30-years-hence pert jugs, should be no problem at all.   ;)

Bill

Motowfo tells me he's got the last room. So, post here or pm others for arrangements. Each room will actually accommodate several if no Hilton level luxury is expected.

Otherwise, there are some other local accommodations where grumpybiker and his buddies stayed a few years back.

TWO MONTHS out! Can't wait!!

wait?

there is a Spine Frame Rally in the Fall at Telico Planes TN?  When?

Well, there is this post . . .

But don't go back and forth between them more than three times lest a time-space conundrum be created.

Fair warning: there is no air cooling and no push-rods in a time-space conundrum. :oldgit:

• 4 weeks later...

What?

One month from our group mugshot and no reminder post from docc?   :race:

Bill