What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Seems like a number of us, myself included have recently been bitten by the record player bug again, after a lapse of 40+ years!  Gone are the long scratched, warped by the sun CSNY records of my childhood which played every day by the cool hippies in the house up front while we lived in Santa Barbara, or the bumpy and faded Bob Marley albums of the early to mid 70's that were simply worn out from so many playings!  I recall these guys working on their long nose Jaguars (XKE??) while playing CSNY over and over again!  My dad used to listen to the albums of the San Remo festivals as well, fun albums!

https://store.acousticsounds.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmKiQBhClARIsAKtSj-nQx_nKmnkZCvXJkqF-3HDBmD1NSY7lN6Xfs7EBk67AfbbXr_-GIYYaAt1iEALw_wcB

I have been buying some vinyl from Acoustic Sounds over the last couple of months of a few of my favorite albums, don't plan to restock all my streaming and CD's, but a few special ones, with favorite glass of whiskey or tequila certainly does accompany the music nicely, especially flowing thru the exquisite B&W's & Rotel combo.  The only thing I had to do was by a Cambridge audio pre-amp since my receiver was built during that 20 year period when no phono feature was incorporated.

• Like 3

Listening to Dennis Brain playing the Mozart Horn Concerti at the moment...what a genius he was, pure smoothness! 

Next up...a little Robert Cray (Strong Persuader), to be followed by Bob Marley, Live at the Rainbow, 1977, an epic recording!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Listening to Dennis Brain playing the Mozart Horn Concerti at the moment...what a genius he was, pure smoothness! 

Next up...a little Robert Cray (Strong Persuader), to be followed by Bob Marley, Live at the Rainbow, 1977, an epic recording!

Robert Cray . YEOW

• Like 1

Ok, maybe one not quite so well known...but equally as entertaining and smooth picking!

Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins - Neck and Neck Album, Poor Boy Blues song, first song, A-side.

Just got the LP from England a few days ago, and it sounds fantastic.  B-side is also excellent!

I just found my Chet "Stay Tuned" LP today. Mark's on a couple of cuts.   I'm not sure if it's Chet's best, kinda sugary fusion sound to it.  It's gotta Geo Benson vibe to it (he's on it too).    Are there other records of Chet & Mark?

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

I just found my Chet "Stay Tuned" LP today. Mark's on a couple of cuts.   I'm not sure if it's Chet's best, kinda sugary fusion sound to it.  It's gotta Geo Benson vibe to it (he's on it too).    Are there other records of Chet & Mark?

The one I posted above….

• Confused 1