What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

24 minutes ago, FreyZI said:

In honor of the new V11 in the fleet, hoping that champagne don't drive me crazy:

3:28
Taj Mahal - Aint Nobody's Business But My Own
YouTube · stealyourface73
Jul 25, 2011

"Ain't this XERB, Baby!?!"

• Like 4

Nothing like Australian ladies asking you if you want to sleep with them in French.... for those of us who listen to this song when it was playing in discotheque, and had to ask about the meaning.... :-)

• Haha 1

Docc, I get Taj all the time when I turn on my Dr John channel on pandora.  DJ is about 75% of my pandora time.  Everything from (good) classic rock and R&B, to blues, gospel and New Orleans.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Docc, I get Taj all the time when I turn on my Dr John channel on pandora.  DJ is about 75% of my pandora time.  Everything from (good) classic rock and R&B, to blues, gospel and New Orleans.

Too cool! I started a DrJohn station on Pandora. Thanks for that, @LowRyter !

[edit: The second song that played was Little Feat off Waiting for Columbus! :thumbsup::D ]

[2nd edit: geez, Robert Palmer, Booker T and the MGs (Green Onions!), Clapton, Allman Bros, Hugh Laurie . . . I'm hooked!!!]

1 hour ago, docc said:

[edit: The second song that played was Little Feat off Waiting for Columbus! :thumbsup::D ]

[2nd edit: geez, Robert Palmer, Booker T and the MGs (Green Onions!), Clapton, Allman Bros, Hugh Laurie . . . I'm hooked!!!]

That's a good bit of summary but add The Meters, Taj, Prof Longhair, Dirty Dozen Brass Band. 

But Hugh Laurie?  Wooster?  

article-0-0CDF31ED00000578-140_468x286.j

• Haha 1
On 1/27/2022 at 6:03 PM, docc said:

Don't go into your bathroom.

In case there's a "Fat Man in the Bath Tube"   .... he might be checking the oil but "it's all right, it's just clean fun".

That powder on the floor ain't BAB-O either

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is not the video , but this is the song . It was played at the end of a VH1 documentary about this band .  

IDK if other cultures appreciate the magnitude of southern Bands or not . I hope so . 

This is best played through headphones at the end of the day !

• Like 3

Just rediscovered this nugget on the local Blues Radio.....Now that I have the record platter going, I happened to find it hiding with the Shelter People on the bottom of the record cranny.  

• Thanks 1
On 2/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, LowRyter said:

Just rediscovered this nugget on the local Blues Radio.....Now that I have the record platter going, I happened to find it hiding with the Shelter People on the bottom of the record cranny.  

Very cool. This is my favourite Leon Rusell song.

Ciao

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1