What did you do to your V11 today?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrated twenty years with the Sport today.   

Today I finished the new motor transplant and took it for a nice long spin! Fresh oil lines and a sweet new roper plate     

Changed out the stock mufflers for these nice Mistrals. These have a bit more rumble and pop than the stock mufflers. I really like the sound of the stock pipes, a rich deep tenor and smoother than th

Posted Images

A few days late, but wanted to report another successful 3-day 700 mile Catskill Mountains tour. Return home day 3 was moderate rain the whole way, but no issues whatsoever. Same goes for my friend's Duc. 129f48a08c80925708eb76a0e476069a.jpg

• Like 6
On 10/17/2020 at 3:04 AM, po18guy said:

Have any stichery skills? A black nylon bandoleer of magnets wrapped around and velcroed in place would give you that 24/7 tactical all Molle all the time look.

Nice idea, but just seems like it would be something else to accumulate mud 😂

I placed the two magnets on the underside of the filter, and so far... they've stayed in place, and out-of-sight. I'm curious if they stay put for the life of the filter... time will tell.

__Jason

• Like 1

After a rocker ate the intake cam in my Kawi 500, I installed an oil drain plug from GoldPlug. Made in USA even. No listing for Guzzi specifically, but they surely have one to fit.

The issue with mine, however, is that in order to fit the deep-V sump to a V11 sport, I had to modify what would have been the drain plug to accept the breather return. So, in effect, my sump has no drain plug at all anymore - which means, no magnetic plug is possible.

I used to detach the breather return to drain. More recently, I've started using a vacuum pump to simply suck the old oil out through the fill hole.

__Jason

Well, so much for that idea. On my TX650 Yam, the oil breather dripped constantly. So, I bored a hole in the left case just over the primary sprocket. Rode 15k around the US one summer and the chain was fine.

Guzzi. Well, that's quite another story.

6 hours ago, jtucker said:

The issue with mine, however, is that in order to fit the deep-V sump to a V11 sport, I had to modify what would have been the drain plug to accept the breather return. So, in effect, my sump has no drain plug at all anymore - which means, no magnetic plug is possible.

I used to detach the breather return to drain. More recently, I've started using a vacuum pump to simply suck the old oil out through the fill hole.

__Jason

You need one of these in 16mm. Easy to make.

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/bolt-banjo-12mm_90008pd6010/#.X45BD9AzaUk

Ciao

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You need one of these in 16mm. Easy to make.

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/bolt-banjo-12mm_90008pd6010/#.X45BD9AzaUk

Ciao

I did have something like that made. It's not magnetic, though - hence the magnets on the oil filter instead.

__Jason

7 hours ago, jtucker said:

I did have something like that made. It's not magnetic, though - hence the magnets on the oil filter instead.

__Jason

Here's what your sump return needs. One of these,

https://picclick.co.uk/AN-6-AN6-JIC-Flare-MALE-FEMALE-SWIVEL-371566058971.html#&gid=1&pid=1

Plus an M16 to AN6 adaptor and a AN6 blanking plug. Of course you then need to make up a new drain hose with AN6 100 series hose 1 straight and 1 30deg AN6 fittings and a M16 banjo assembly. Making the hose is cheap and easy, probably around $100us and the sump fittings the same,easy to fit. You can then have easy oil drain via the blanking cap and nice looking blue and red anodised alloy AN fittings for everything.

Here's mine

DSC01029.JPG

The easiest way to achieve the "magnet" thing is to fit a Filtermag tn. to your now external filter. If you fit it at the 6 oclock position it also provides some rock protection to the filter from the front wheel. I have 2 of these fitted to the cars.

https://4wdindustries.com.au/products/filter-mag-reusable-magnetic-oil-filtration-filter-life-extender-ss375

Ciao

• Like 1