looking to purchase 2002 V11 LeMans

PDBoulder

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a silver 2002 V11 LeMans and was hoping to get some guidance on value. The bike has 9,500 miles on it and looks to be in good shape, no major scratches or any dents. I searched in the forum for things to look for, and the bike doesn't seem to have any the issues described at this time. I looked on ebay, craigs list and NADA for references, but there are non on ebay and the ones on Crag's list either had been dropped of have LOTS of miles on them. I am a current 73 Eldorado owner that I restored from the ground up. I love the looks and ride of the LeMans and would like to purchase one. 

Thank you in advance for your time,

Paul

You're in the right place, Paul!

Two '02 LeMans recently changed hands that I know of below $4,000, but don't forget to think about shipping and things like replacing old tires. 

I will also add that it depends on how much you want one lol. As they do not pop up all the time for sale as it is no cookie cutter Japanese bike. Moto Guzzi makes maybe a few hundred  unlike the Japanese companies that make many thousands of a particular bike.

And then out of those few hundred how many make it to the shores of America. :)

But I will add that due to the lack of the Moto Guzzi of which makes them a not well known motorcycle they are usually far undervalued for what they are. Or to say you get far more motorcycle then the funds spent for used. But then again since you are a Moto Guzzi owner you know this already. :)

At 9500 miles it's barely run in, I would think it worth $8,000 based on the clapped out old VII Sport I bought for $4,800

I have never regretted buying that.

Not sure whether Roy is using US dollars or Canadian "dollarettes"... but $8,000 US is too much. I've seen the Ohlins-equipped models sell for far less than that.

The 2002 LeMans was available in a Red/Grey and a Champagne that could look sort of sandy or silver depending on the lighting.

Thank you for the comments. The color is Champagne. He originally wanted $5500 for it but is willing to take $4600. I saw a beautiful black 03 this last year for far less but with more miles. I'm trying not let my emotions make a decision for me.

03 is going to be the better buy. 02 had the bubbly engine paint etc. The only bad part about the 03 and on seems to be the even less reliable gauges. The white faced Veglias were slightly more reliable I think.

That being said I don't think $4600 is a killer deal.

Guzzis depreciate rapidly, stay stable for a long period, then slowly increase in value if it's a "collectable" Guzzi. IMHO, any LeMans is.

I'd say at really low mileage and not cut up, 3500-5500, depending on actual condition and accessories.

• Like 1

I'm trying not let my emotions make a decision for me.

Well buying a motorcycle is not a totally rational decision. So why pretend it is? You SHOULD love it - or don't buy it. But could you let your love wait and find greater fulfillment with a different model?  Have you seen the page where all the model year differences are described?  If not, here's a link:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

The champagne LeMans is so pretty...  :P:

• Like 2

Guzzis depreciate rapidly, stay stable for a long period, then slowly increase in value if it's a "collectable" Guzzi. IMHO, any LeMans is.

I'd say at really low mileage and not cut up, 3500-5500, depending on actual condition and accessories.

Crap. Mileage affects value? :blink:

my thoughts exactly.

I've got a champagne project going on right now at this thread:  http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19680 I'm hoping to get it done and put it up for sale by spring or early summer. I expect to price it in the range Chuck suggested - and that will be in 100% roadworthy condition with no deferred maintenance.

If the suspension has never been serviced, you might factor that into the price. The rest of the service will be easy, as you mentioned you have done a full restoration of a 1973 Eldorado.

Might we get a glimpse of that?   :pic:

. . . . you have done a full restoration of a 1973 Eldorado.

Might we get a glimpse of that?   :pic:

. . . Yeah, I'd hate to lock this thread :rolleyes:  for lack of *credentials* . . . . :mg:

Eldorado ! :food:

. I'm trying not let my emotions make a decision for me.

If you want something with no emotions then you can find lots of Japanese bikes with more performance and better reliability with little to no feeling and for far less money. And they will get you from A to B and back to A again without a problem.

But heck you have a 1973 Moto Guzzi  Eldorado so I am pretty sure you already have a feeling for the Moto Guzzi power plant. :)  The LeMans just handles better with a bit more performance. And with the little fairing will help keep half of the bugs off Just do not smile too much but doing so will be tough on  a Moto Guzzi LeMans. :)