I bought a gun to prepare for WW3

The other day I saw a gun, and I just had this urge to buy it. I love British Engineering, and you guys have created such a great rifle with the Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI longbranch, made in 1944. It's a .303 british (that's right, a .303 as in THIRTY CAL) monster. This bad boy can drop a kraut from over a Mile away. It first entered service in 1895, and was cycled out in 1956...Still used today by the Canadian Rangers. Cost me a $175 USD... This particular model is sporterized for hunting with the 5 round mag..It's my new deer hunting rifle. I think my next rifle will be A Mosin Nagant possibly. Maybe a mauser. mmm I love bolt actions.

(not mine but identical) http://pictures.auctionarms.com/5328115733...=20060713191212

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day I saw a gun, and I just had this urge to buy it. I love British Engineering, and you guys have created such a great rifle with the Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI longbranch, made in 1944. It's a .303 british (that's right, a .303 as in THIRTY CAL) monster. This bad boy can drop a kraut from over a Mile away. It first entered service in 1895, and was cycled out in 1956...Still used today by the Canadian Rangers. Cost me a $175 USD... This particular model is sporterized for hunting with the 5 round mag..It's my new deer hunting rifle. I think my next rifle will be A Mosin Nagant possibly. Maybe a mauser. mmm I love bolt actions.

(not mine but identical) http://pictures.auctionarms.com/5328115733...=20060713191212

Yep. You got you a nail driver there. It's hard to improve upon perfection!

I have a pair of them. One is a military match rifle with Parker Hale sights. It is used for competition shooting. The other is a WW2 sniper rifle with scope. It was modified for a left hand shooter so is a little uncomfortable but it is quite a lot of fun to shoot targets at 300 metres!

If I recall correctly, the "Long Branch" Enfield rifles were manufactured in Canada... mine was in '42. I've always wanted the No 5 though, the original jungle carbine is just sweet. Mine is ridiculously accurate :)

Watch for the surplus ammo as well- a lot of the old WWII vintage rounds have the corrosive primers. May it serve you well!

- Joe K

-04 Cafe Sport

-84 V65SP

Come on TX, let's drop this argument about gun, wapen and bull's like this.

Every year you turn back with such nonsense argument like this. :moon:

Let's talk about hooters and stuff like this.

your so right antonio..tour de france.! ausi ausi ausi oye oye oye. :D

back to subject. we had our version here of cause. the lithgow 303 .made in lithgow nsw. and once were everywhere. like a bath tub in near every home. but now alas they have been taken away from our citisens as we are not to be trusted with guns. ironicaly once again. after the government buy back scheme [dob in a neighbour scheme] our country has been flooded with 9mm semi auto handguns. and we now have many gun deaths yet never one drive by shooting with a enfield 303. :D

:huh2: but where to. back home where they now call scotland. to bosnia-iraq-lebanon-israil-america>where i have some roots. i get invited there every day i turn on puter..[you are eligible..want a green card? yeah maybe texas. :drink:

^ :lol: Run, Forrest... RUUUUNNN.....

Just got my M1 Garand this week.

Tex always has been partial to foo-foo foreign equipment(Guzzi/Solex):D

That boy borders on metrosexual if you ask me.

Now Tex and I can get together and blow up some stuff. :thumbsup:

Interesting piece of history.

Nice thing to have around, in case the Scots invade.

garand5.jpg

"The greatest battle implement ever devised."

-- General George S. Patton, Jr.

Guest Aughtsix

If the Scots ever invade all we have to do is bury a bunch of big fans in the ground facing up -- they'll be so occupied keeping their kilts down that we can just walk up and klonk'em in the head...

And Tex - whoever did that to an Enfield should be beaten close to death with it. Truly a shame...

Oh, and if you do decide to buy a Mosin, do yourself a huge favor and find a nice Finn M39 - unBubba'ed of course.