UK meeting 2009

I told Baldi that he's elected to organise it.

Guzzirider was at a campsite a week or so ago that looks like a possible base.

If it's just a campsite, it won't necessarily need much or any organising

although I'll be disappointed if there is not a full website to go along with it.

-_-

What's more, it will probably be a proper V11 rally again

cos all these new-fangled bikes will be broken by then (and the Tennis will have disappeared through the evolutionary process of natural selection)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a Welsh meeting would be fun sometime but Denmark or Switzerland sounds good to me.

Maybe have a Danish meet in May, and how about a UK meet as well at the Manx GP on the Isle Of Man in late August next year?

I think we will be going to the Manx anyway.

Guy :helmet:

although I'll be disappointed if there is not a full website to go along with it.

-_-

You set the bar very high with your site BFG, I think it will be very hard to match.

Yes a Welsh meeting would be fun sometime but Denmark or Switzerland sounds good to me.

Maybe have a Danish meet in May, and how about a UK meet as well at the Manx GP on the Isle Of Man in late August next year?

I think we will be going to the Manx anyway.

Guy

A trip to the continent and then the IOM later in the year :thumbsup:

I thought it was Søren's turn?

Yes and that can still happen ok.

But it could be good to keep the UK meet going too?

Not so many UK / Ireland people will be able to get the extra time / money for the bigger trip – and that was a problem mentioned by people at the recent rally.

Of course the problem then is finding 2 different times in the calendar for the people who would want and are able to do both.

Just a thought.

The non-UK meet could be the main 'official' V11 meet for next year

and there could be another V11 UK date arranged at a campsite, that won't require much organisation?

I thought I read sumthin about Denmark a few months ago.

That's what the above posts are about.

Soren had said that he would arrange a meeting in Denmark, but he is moving to Switzerland, I think: so will it be in Switzerland?

The other question is just about keeping the V11UK meet going.

Depending upon interest and demand, there could be a date earmarked for the UK meet even though the main get-together will be somewhere Continental Europe direction.

Again, the point is that not everyone who would normally go to the annual UK meet will be able to go to Denmark/Switzerland.

Anyway, for planning purposes, Soren just needs to say what he wants to do and where. That's the first thing.

Anyway, for planning purposes, Soren just needs to say what he wants to do and where. That's the first thing.

Blimey Soren,

Better get your thinking Kilt on as the decision is on you.....

Wherever you decide to go we will follow....(as long as you bring the fart machine!)

By the way, I look just Peachy in Red, Thanks ever so much.

Hx

Blimey Soren,

Better get your thinking Kilt on as the decision is on you.....

Wherever you decide to go we will follow....(as long as you bring the fart machine!)

By the way, I look just Peachy in Red, Thanks ever so much.

Hx

I just mean that's the first thing, as in, that's what was first agreed.

Anything else, i.e. a UK meet, can be secondary.

Iceland can be third priority, as long as MacHaggis organises it and takes me for a preliminary investigation of suitable sites.

Switzerland? Great! How about St.Moritz (good base for 1 day trips, e.g. Mandello).

http://www.stmoritz.ch/car-motorcycle-002-010218-en.htm

Hubert

If Switzerland in on the table, then why not just slide down the map a bit to Mandello?

If Switzerland in on the table, then why not just slide down the map a bit to Mandello?

It's pushing the boundaries of the UK a bit beyond breaking point, but seriously, if such a trip was to be on the cards then I'd need to get a probable date, or possible dates, into the calendar soon. As far as I'm concerned, I doubt if I could set aside the required time anyway. If it could be possible at all, it would be easier for me in July or August. Is it time to start a new thread for 2010?