UK meeting 2009

It's only something like 7 days until Spring

and it's 99 days until Summer

And It's 69 Days Until Holiday Time

It doesn't seem long since it was 200 days, when I first put up the other web pages.

Have you booked yet?

Picture_18.png

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like, I'll make it after all as my roster has been changed. I won't know for definite which days until the 15april, and if it's not too late I'll book a dorm bed then. Also ,a neighbour of mine has said he wouldn't mind coming along, he's on a bandit so can't talk guzzi, but he is a motor electrician, so might come in handy!

Hi again,

I promised I would get back ASAP regarding my participation in Ulster Rally.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year as I cannot justify taking a week of at present (nor in May). I'm up to my ears both at work and home so no Søren Tikkanen in Ulster this year, unfortunately.

However, I'm still keen to arrange next years V11 rally. This may not - repeat may not - take place in Denmark, as me and wifey probably will move to Switzerland for good later this year. She has been offered a very lucrative job in her organisation which means that we physically have to move to La Belle Suisse. And me? Oh, I thought you'll never ask. I'll retire and will fart around learning French, eating chokolates and playing my Swiss alphorn all day. And a little touring around the country of course. France is just an hour away and Italy can be reached in an hour and a half. Living la dolce vita!

More to come.....

BR

Søren

Foiled again, in my attempt to go to Barholm and meet Will about the accommodation.

I arranged to meet him early Saturday morning.

I got up and came downstairs at 7.30am.

Then I saw that :o

we had been burgled and the car was stolen too.

Loads of stuff gone including 2 laptops (so I wasn't on the Forum here over the weekend!) some irreplaceable things like a special edition Fender guitar plus of course all the info on the computers.

Motorbike keys gone.

Foiled again, in my attempt to go to Barholm and meet Will about the accommodation.

Loads of stuff gone including 2 laptops (so I wasn't on the Forum here over the weekend!) some irreplaceable things like a special edition Fender guitar plus of course all the info on the computers.

Motorbike keys gone.

Bugger :angry:

Hi again,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year as I cannot justify taking a week of at present (nor in May). I'm up to my ears both at work and home so no Søren Tikkanen in Ulster this year, unfortunately.

However, I'm still keen to arrange next years V11 rally. This may not - repeat may not - take place in Denmark, as me and wifey probably will move to Switzerland for good later this year. She has been offered a very lucrative job in her organisation which means that we physically have to move to La Belle Suisse. And me? Oh, I thought you'll never ask. I'll retire and will fart around learning French, eating chokolates and playing my Swiss alphorn all day. And a little touring around the country of course. France is just an hour away and Italy can be reached in an hour and a half. Living la dolce vita!

More to come.....

BR

Søren

Shame you can't make it matey. But a meeting in the Swiss Alps sounds ace!

Then I saw that

Motorbike keys gone.

Sorry to hear about this BFG

:angry2::angry2::angry2:

However, I'm still keen to arrange next years V11 rally. This may not - repeat may not - take place in Denmark, as me and wifey probably will move to Switzerland for good later this year.
Shame you can't make it matey. But a meeting in the Swiss Alps sounds ace!

Quite agree with Guzzirider, Switzerland sounds like a fine place to hold a Guzzi meeting :)

Hi again,

More to come.....

BR

Søren

A real shame you can't make it... How's Ballabio Bertie going to react, did you consider that? :D

Switzerland 2010 sounds good. Yodelahitiiii!!!!

Motorbike keys gone.

Crap... all the stolen stuff can be replaced, but the thought that criminals were in your house while you were asleep is frightening at the least.

Crap... all the stolen stuff can be replaced, but the thought that criminals were in your house while you were asleep is frightening at the least.

Yeah, not so nice. Losing the stuff on the laptops is a pain as some things are backed up but not everything, particularly on my wife's computer and I'm annoyed about the special edition guitar. Keys for all the motorbikes went. I kinda wish that the Griso itself was taken, to get around the cam/tappets issue. Even when the tappets are replaced I'm always going to be uneasy that the pulverised metal from the damaged items has or will cause some further wear and tear or even catastrophy. In what's virtually just a new engine too. Well, at least it will have some nice shiny new locks and keys. :huh:

I think insurance is going to be a bit of a battle. I'd like to replace the Arai helmet and other bits of bike gear that were taken from the house hallway, but the house contents insurers say (initially anyway) that they are 'motorbike accessories' and they don't cover them. The bike insurance says they are 'personal effects' – and they don't cover them...

With the Guzzis all broken, I thought I might end up at the May meeting in a car. Er... will you let me go on a bicycle now?

Er... will you let me go on a bicycle now?

Feel free to use my bike if you want (but you gotta come to Brussels to pick it up and take it back...)

damn...

sorry to hear this :(

Me too! Sorry for your Griso woes too BFG. If there's anything we can do to help please ask.

Sorry for the OT guys, back to your meet planning (wish I could go).