UK meeting 2009

Booked 2 beds in the 4 bed dorm for 3 nights, so I think that room's full now.

We'll be coming up through the centre of the country avoiding cities, and probably hugging the shannon as much as we can.

Leaving clare about 11, we should make the bar by 7pm!

Just realised the heineken cup final is on the saturday, eventhough we're munster fans down here, we'll still have to watch it.

No doubt in some den of iniquity! :bier:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booked 2 beds in the 4 bed dorm for 3 nights, so I think that room's full now.

We'll be coming up through the centre of the country avoiding cities, and probably hugging the shannon as much as we can.

Leaving clare about 11, we should make the bar by 7pm!

Just realised the heineken cup final is on the saturday, eventhough we're munster fans down here, we'll still have to watch it.

No doubt in some den of iniquity! :bier:

Excellent. There are a couple of boys thinking of coming up from Tullamore direction, but it will be just for Saturday night.

They've been at Inchigeela. Jim Rogers I think? Blue Le Mans 1

Maybe get some contact with Soren... ^_^

Have fun :D

Have fun ;)

:rolleyes: I'm surprised that you taking your wife too. :lol:

See you soon.

Stockport Trev, you are getting the same crossing as Mr& Mrs Guzzirider (and their supply of yoghurts - yes, DO ask)?

Bertie should be here Thursday night. We may ride up to meet you all at the ferry. We'll see.

There will probably be a few folk staying for only one night, so I have asked about getting the larger dorm for those one-nighters.

I have ordered cooked breakfasts for Sat & Sun mornings. Apart from that, it is self-catering and eating out.

Saturday will be Antrim Coast Road and we'll aim to be in Portrush for lunch at 2pm (Guy, Helen: Morelli's for frozen yog)

Any queries, ask here.

If you want my mobile number, send a PM.

3415890988_9eea47e6c5_o.jpg

Hi Dave,

Yes we're getting the same crossing as Mr & Mrs Guzzirider just keeping fingers crossed for the weather on Thursday.

Thanks for ordering the breakfasts as I had forgotten all about it till this last weekend.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi Dave,

Yes we're getting the same crossing as Mr & Mrs Guzzirider just keeping fingers crossed for the weather on Thursday.

Thanks for ordering the breakfasts as I had forgotten all about it till this last weekend.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers

Trevor

Here's hoping for sunshine at the weekend.

It's rainy with showers now, meant to improve by the end of the week.

We'll be ok

Hiya

I'm getting the ferry over Thursday afternoon but staying that night with the girlfriend in Bangor so I'll be heading down to Portaferry sometime Friday, can't wait to see everyone...roll on Thursday. By the way, what time are most people getting there Friday?

Mal

Oooh its so close now!

David- what's your thoughts on bike security at the hotel in Portaferry- is it a reasonably quiet place? Will the bikes be out of sight of the road? Just wondering whether to bring a chain as well as a disc lock.

Heard from Jaap earlier- he had a fun time watching the nutters at a track day at Cadwell.

Guy

Hiya

I'm getting the ferry over Thursday afternoon but staying that night with the girlfriend in Bangor so I'll be heading down to Portaferry sometime Friday, can't wait to see everyone...roll on Thursday. By the way, what time are most people getting there Friday?

Mal

The ferry gets into Belfast at 11.50am. Depends how long it takes to get off etc.

They probably won't arrive at Portaferry before before 1.30pm.

I should really have stayed at home Thursday night too, as it will be Friday afternoon before people arrive.

But as I say, I might go back for a meet-up at the ferry. Unless it's raining. :D

Oooh its so close now!

David- what's your thoughts on bike security at the hotel in Portaferry- is it a reasonably quiet place? Will the bikes be out of sight of the road? Just wondering whether to bring a chain as well as a disc lock.

Heard from Jaap earlier- he had a fun time watching the nutters at a track day at Cadwell.

Guy

I never got a visit to check. He had said that bikes could be put inside in a yard, though a previous group just parked outside.

I'm thinking that we'll park in the yard.

Maybe change the plan for lunch destination at Portrush.

It will be hectic, as it's the annual raft race as well as the holiday weekend.

Hi all,

just want to say have fun at the rally. I'll be working my butt off back home refurbishing the house.....

Antonio: I'll PM you later ref. your trip to Denmark. Seems like I'll be able to accommodate you and Dith in my new guestrooms (sons have moved out) so this should save you a penny or two :P

And we'll have company from the US of A as Jason (JRT) and his wife Sonya will also come to Denmark in the same timeframe! I'll make sure that we have plenty of wine and food for the BBQ :rolleyes:

And there's also room for you and Sonya, Jason, so feel free to stay at our house. I'll take a couple of days off so I can play tourguide for you all during your staying in Denmark.

More to come.

I wish all V11 Rally attendees a safe trip and pleasant weekend in Northern Ireland. Wish I could be there but that's life.

Best regards

Søren

Thanks Søren!

Sounds like you will have your work cut out entertaining!

We'll miss Søren with the sporren!

Regards

Guy :helmet:

Had to check 'sporren' on Wikipedia.... :D Gaellic for 'purse' for all us non-Anglo-Saxons so look no further. Still have my trophy kilt from Ken Bridge + farting machine. Wonder what BFG will come up with this year?? :rolleyes:

Guy: Can you PM your full address to me BTW? Promised you something many moons ago and now it has finally arrived....

Cheers

Søren

PS: Haven't heard jack from John Williams.... <_>