UK meeting 2009

Maybe change the plan for lunch destination at Portrush.

It will be hectic, as it's the annual raft race as well as the holiday weekend.

How about Portstewart?

I have arranged for me & Guy to meet my brother there, they are trying to find somewhere that does good food.

Hx

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

Yes we're getting the same crossing as Mr & Mrs Guzzirider just keeping fingers crossed for the weather on Thursday.

Thanks for ordering the breakfasts as I had forgotten all about it till this last weekend.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Me & Guy will be getting up to Kenbridge 3-4pm ish. (Watch the A74 for police cars, its renowned!)

Look forwards to meeting you guys......we'll be the ones on a couple of Guzzis......With pints in our hands! :bier:

See you Thursday

Hx

How about Portstewart?

I have arranged for me & Guy to meet my brother there, they are trying to find somewhere that does good food.

Hx

I'm gonna look at things now and will post an update in a while.

You're gonna miss Morelli's yoghurt, I mean, ice cream.

Hi Mrs Guzzirider,

Hoping to get to the Kenbridge around 5.

Planning on leaving Stockport around 9 and heading up through Settle past the Ribblehead and into the Lake District

Well see what the weather brings on the day :rolleyes:

Cheers for the A74 info

See you all on thursday :bier:

Moto Guzzi Ulster Rally – this weekend

Hi All

we're looking forward to meeting this weekend, for the whole time or at some point between Thursday and Monday.

There may be around 30 people attending, though not all at the same time. There's a core group of about 15 or 16.

I have updated information on the www.belfastguzzi.com website.

If you have any corrections or suggestions, please let me know.

Barholm accommodation

Most people have booked directly with Barholm.

• I will go to Portaferry late Thursday afternoon to open Barholm for 5pm.

• For people staying one night (or maybe two) in a dorm, the cost is £14 per night.

• There is self-catering in the kitchen. The cooked breakfast is booked from caterers for about 17 people on Saturday and Sunday morning at 9.00am. There are shops, eating places, bars, hotels etc nearby, as per info on the website.

• As there will only be us at the accommodation, it would be very useful if you let me know when you are arriving. If we're out, we'll aim to be back for new arrivals, or will give instructions for entrance.

• For now, I'll say that we'll be back at Barholm for 6.00pm on Friday and Saturday evenings, for new people arriving.

Friday

• At noon, Davy Graham and I, and maybe Bertie, will meet the group arriving at Belfast by Ferry.

• If anyone, traveling from anywhere else, would like met somewhere, or needs directions: phone me.

• If you joining for a day ride, please confirm where and when you will meet the group. Here are a couple of possible meeting places. If you want to suggest anywhere else, let me know.

Saturday – Antrim Coast Road

10.00am Meet at Barholm, Portaferry to leave at 10.30

11.30am–11.45 meet others at Fortwilliam roundabout, M2

2.30pm meet at Portstewart for lunch (that could change)

Sunday - South-east coast, Newcastle, Mournes

Meet at Barholm, Portaferry at 10.00am, to leave at 10.30

11.30–12.15 meet at Newcastle Centre bike park

Strangford - Portaferry crossing. Last crossing to Portaferry on Friday is 10.30pm and 11pm on Saturday. The ferry return ticket for motorbike and rider is £5.30. Single is £3.40

If you're planning to meet somewhere along the way, email or text me your name and phone number.

Looking forward to getting together soon,

all the best

David Boyd

belfastguzzi@me.com (belfastguzzi@mac.com & belfastguzzi@googlemail.com also get to me)

Mobile: PM me

Anybody not able to go on Saturday run, you might want to call at this show in Bangor: http://www.bangorelimshow.com]Bangor Car & Bike show

11:00 until 5:30 @ Balloo Cresent Bangor. Displays of Vintage, classic,custom and modern machinery as well as,Freestyle motocross from UKFMX, Stunt Riding form world number 5 Mattie Griffen and for the first time ever "Expansion" Freestyle soccer team, the stars of Wayne Rooneys street soccer show on SKY .

Supporting, Action Cancer and Aid for Africa

Admission £4 and £2

James Hanna says, '...it is probably the best non commercial bike show in Ireland, (and in my opinion better than the commercial shows) with upwards of 200 classic, classic Japanese, classic racing and custom bikes and trikes on display with other side shows including classic and car show... Well worth a visit.'

Rain just give it a rest :D

Amen

Thunderstorms today. Saturday and Sunday are forecast to be better.

I wonder how Bertie is getting on and where he is? He was planning to ride around from Monday. Hopefully he's out there somewhere, seeing things between the rain showers. I should be seeing him tomorrow.

Well I have just packed my stuff in the good old co-op carrier bags because I am sure my panniers will leak.

This time of year it is difficult to know what to gear to wear- if I wear leathers will I just end up getting soaked? If I wear my winter gore-tex will I boil in traffic when the sun comes out?

I'll decide in the morning! We will be leaving late morning and aim to be in Ken Bridge about 4pmish- looking forward to meeting Mr & Mrs Trevor and Jaap at the hotel.

Think we will need to get away for about 7.15am on Friday morning which probably means missing breakfast at the hotel :(

The 10am starts for the ride outs are a great idea- will stop me from drinking too much Guinness!

Guy :helmet:

Well I have just packed my stuff in the good old co-op carrier bags because I am sure my panniers will leak.

This time of year it is difficult to know what to gear to wear- if I wear leathers will I just end up getting soaked? If I wear my winter gore-tex will I boil in traffic when the sun comes out?

I'll decide in the morning! We will be leaving late morning and aim to be in Ken Bridge about 4pmish- looking forward to meeting Mr & Mrs Trevor and Jaap at the hotel.

Think we will need to get away for about 7.15am on Friday morning which probably means missing breakfast at the hotel :(

The 10am starts for the ride outs are a great idea- will stop me from drinking too much Guinness!

Guy :helmet:

I'm hoping we can gather up around 10 and be able to leave at 10.30.

Then get back for teatime/early evening.

• 4 weeks later...