UK meeting 2009

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys

Even apart from that situation, I'm madly frustrated with the whole lack of 'Customer Care' that I have had from MotoGuzziworld over the recall issue. The complete lack of assistance and care from Moto Guzzi to me as a customer, and a (I'm tempted to add – formerly – ) loyal and dedicated customer, over a period of almost two months now, is astounding

The latest thing is that as the bike is immobile due to the recall issue and damage to the bike resulting from it, I arranged for Roadside Assistance to take the bike to the dealer this morning. Even the dealer suggested this, saying that I shouldn't have to pay. Some of you have said the same.

Contrary to what I was told earlier in the week, when I rang this morning to confirm a collection time with MG's Road Assistance, they told me that they would now not transport the bike. They will only take it a maximum of 10 miles, so that will only get it outside of Belfast. It wouldn't even get it to the original (negligent) dealer where I bought the bike! It wouldn't get the bike to any dealer, never mind to Coleraine, which is now the nearest / only dealer here in NI!

What is the point of that so-called roadassistance scheme, when it actually doesn't do anything useful? If you are broken down on the road, how often are you going to be within 10 miles of a Guzzi dealer?! In reality any assistance needed is at the customer's expense (apart from a paltry 10 miles' worth). In essence, all that this warranty scheme appears to be – is a phone number. There are phone books full of those.

Having done more chasing around that I shouldn't have to do, that decision about the towing/recovery has been overturned.

Fingers crossed that the bike will be taken away tomorrow morning.

I remember breaking down on a remote mountain in the Pyrenees when I had a puncture on my Jackal. I called Guzzi assistance- they asked me to fax through a copy of the registration document before they would process my claim!!

I was in the middle of f*cking nowhere!!!!! :lol:

That diesel issue I had during the summer brought this up. In the end ,I now pay an upgraded aa assistance where I can dictate which garage I want to go to. It costs a bit more, but I drive a few old/unreliable cars and bikes, so I'm sure it'll pay off sometime.

Having done more chasing around that I shouldn't have to do, that decision about the towing/recovery has been overturned.

Fingers crossed that the bike will be taken away tomorrow morning.

oh, it was sort of overturned. I've had an email from Piaggio to say that it is only for 10 miles and I have to pay the rest. We'll see about that... <_>

That's some warranty!

The roadassistance person who I spoke to yesterday seemed to believe that there is a Guzzi dealership every 10 miles along the road.

She couldn't believe that there isn't a dealer / service centre within 10 miles of me. WHAT!!!

I remember breaking down on a remote mountain in the Pyrenees when I had a puncture on my Jackal. I called Guzzi assistance- they asked me to fax through a copy of the registration document before they would process my claim!!

I was in the middle of f*cking nowhere!!!!! :lol:

Funnily enough last September I was in the Ardnamurchan peninsula in the most westerly point of Scotland (and one of the least populated) I broke my ankle falling over going back to my tent (yes I did have a drink but wasn't pissed) I called the insurance company to recover the bike as I was off to the hospital. They asked me to fax a Doctors report, from a field in the middle of nowhere!! I told them I'd just leave it there and if it wasn't there in 6 weeks when I'd be fit to ride again it was their fault. They picked it up that day!!

Moral of these stories is, never travel more than 10 minutes from a fax machine !! :D

I had to use Guzzi Assistance when a rear wheel bearing failed in the Dolomites. Fortunately, this happened right in front of a hotel.

They had a truck there within 2 hours.

Maybe it only works in Italy :lol:

Moral of these stories is, never travel more than 10 minutes from a fax machine !! :D

And no more than 10 miles from a Guzzi Service Centre. I knew there had to be a logical explanation for why the Griso fuel tank is so small.

oh, it was sort of overturned. I've had an email from Piaggio to say that it is only for 10 miles and I have to pay the rest. We'll see about that... <_>

That's some warranty!

The roadassistance person who I spoke to yesterday seemed to believe that there is a Guzzi dealership every 10 miles along the road.

She couldn't believe that there isn't a dealer / service centre within 10 miles of me. WHAT!!!

Cheeky feckers- I'm sure a bit of lobbying from yourself will mean you get the whole journey free but you do not need the hassle.

I think the Stelvio will be the last ever new Guzzi I buy- they don't deserve any more business in my eyes. Gonna stick to the old shite from now on.

From Bob, MGCGB, Inchy jiggly rally etc

"Hi Dave,

Sorry for getting back to you a bit late, I was trying to work out some Holiday Dates.

Regretfully I cannot make the event, Caroline and I plan to come over to Ireland in June for a few days, my Holiday dates are pre arranged.

I hope all goes well with the event.

Please pass on my best wishes to all the usual crowd who have met up at Creedons.

Dennis McHugh tells me that Joe Creedon has put the old Hotel up for sale, I guess it's a sign of the times.

I shall look back and remember the great time we all had there.

Best Wishes

Bob and Caroline, hopefully we will get up to the North in the near future."

Viewing the MG (V.11) Ulster Rally web pages

Ah ha! At last, I've found the way to make the Rally pages at the www.belfastguzzi site viewable by anyone, without having to enter a password. There are more pages on there, with more background info on the area, than on the other public pages that I put up.

This should work – please let me know if there are problems.

Enter this address in your browser:

– it will now open without requiring a sign-in.

From there you can navigate to the Ulster Rally page

and other pages with local history, motorcycling history, pictures, video...

Only 40 or so days to go.

Summary

www.belfastguzzi.com now viewable as an open public site – main news plus more info, pics, video

moto.belfastguzzi.com smaller public site, with main info and pics