UK meeting 2009

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No camping! :o I'm happy to share a room, Euan, ignoring Guy's sordid fantasies if you fancy sharing a room I may be interested ;) .

Mal

Will only share a room if you change your avitar! don't fancy having my ass polished

There is more info on this site now: belfastguzzi.com

including some food and drink places as well as more hotel, hostel, B&B info;

plus info on the Strangford Lough area, geography & history (including Magnus Barelegs)

and... stuff.

vikingmask.jpg

There are a couple of books mentioned. See their websites for nice photos.

book.jpg

A few of the links have been added to the webpages at

moto.belfastguzzi.com/accommodation

David, it looks fine, just don't make a reservation like Chris did.

Get there and have a look, everywhere. It doesn't matter where.

Realize that people are coming from very far and they depend from the guy who is organizing it.

Good job anyway David. Keep going this way! ;)

Good advice Antonio :thumbsup:

One good thing is that there is a range of accommodation, from the cheaper shared dorm beds, through private rooms, to hotel standard rooms just across the road and B&B nearby too. I will see if there could be camping also.

Are you hoping to come?

I'm happy with a shared dorm, for fri and sat. night. Looks like I'll be solo on this trip too, Mrs. busy.

As I'm up that way, I'd love a spin over to ballymoney, for a pint in joey Dunlop's pub. Don't know if that would be an enjoyable trek or not....

I was suppose to have gone on the way home from the scottish trip, but for reasons that I haven't had the energy to explain,...yet....I didn't make it.

It involved diesel...

I'd love a spin over to ballymoney, for a pint in joey Dunlop's pub. Don't know if that would be an enjoyable trek or not....

It would be possible to combine it with a North Antrim Coast Road run. Go up the coast road and come back by Ballmoney and then main roads.**

As it looks like some people will only be here for one complete riding day, that North Coast run might have to be the main Saturday route. Sunday could be the South Down coast and Mourne Mountains. The Strangford Lough area might be an evening run: Friday? I hope that some folk might come earlier and we could get a Thursday or full Friday trip. Bertie? There's plenty to see around the local area.

**See map - go here and click on the map to enlarge it.

I've added this to the belfastguzzi.com website:

Bike – the Sept 2008 issue of Bike has a feature, 'Seven Days in Northern Ireland'. It covers part of the route that I'd do during the Guzzi meet: Antrim coast road and Torr Head.**

Motor Cycle News, 7 May 2007, had an Escape feature, 'Riding the Northwest 200 roads'. Jamie Robinson did a 400 mile round trip, including a circuit of the road race, with NW200 winner, Phillip McCallen.

They started at McCallen's bike shop in Lurgan, headed north, **Antrim - Ballymena - Ballymoney with a stop at Joey's Bar and the Joey Dunlop Memorial Garden. Back roads to Armoy (Joey's testing ground) - Ballintoy - coast road - Portrush-Portstewart-Coleraine triangle, the NW200 circuit. Articlave - Downhill beach, along beach to Magilligan Point. Road back to Downhill, then steep Bishop's Road. Limavady, south to Dungiven - Maghera, past edge of Sperrin Mountains - Moneymore - Coagh - M1 motorway - Portadown - Tandragee. Tandragee to Newry Road "best piece of 15 miles you'll ever do" says McCallen. Back same way, to Lurgan.>

Oh bugger, fraid myself and Mrs gearjammer can't make it. It's a real shame, coz last year at Ken Bridge, you all made a 1200 Sport and a Kwak Er6 (ernie to those in the know) feel more than welcome.

Had it been the weekend before, we would have been fine, but are committed this particular weekend to a rally in Bruges.

Hope you all have a great time and make the most of that great Irish hospitality.

One piece of advice, and only one - keep an eye on Guzziriders intake of Guinness - otherwise it will be fatal for those in close, and not so close proximity. :D

Cheers, Andy

Just have made a research about the prices for ferry from France to Ireland and from Holland to England and from England to Ireland.

France –> Ireland costs about 400,- Euro. Travel time about 10hours.

Holland –> England –> Ireland about 350,- each (350 x 2 = 700,- Euro)

Is there in England a cheaper travel manner to get in Ireland? (… don't be smart with saying swimming)

Howdy! :nerd:

Been away for awhile and I can definitely see that you guys have been busy :-)

I'm still in for the 2009 Rally and I'll get back ASAP regarding accommodation, ferries and what have you.

I don't know if my darling roommate Ballabie Bertie is still available or he has found a new tomboy to play with but otherwise I'm in for another two nights of heavy farting, snorting, drinking and what have you!

Get back to you soon.

Cheers

Søren