UK meeting 2009

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plaese, should be possible having the exact date and place of this meeting 2009?

I would not know yet, but there is a little chance I shall show up in Ireland.

22-25 may 2009?

Place?

Camping?

Room?

....?

Hi Antonio. I hadn't seen these last lot of posts since August,

The date is definitely the Bank Holiday weekend, 22 to 25 May. I've just realised that I told someone the wrong date, last week, as I looked at a calendar that had the other date, end of May, still in it. - Better go and email him pronto as he booked holiday time! :o

––––––

Ok. I've sent the email. I hope that he can change the dates with his work. I feel very bad.

Your other question was about accommodation. I want to find somewhere that is not a long distance from the ferries, with rooms and with camping – and I know you guys like to be at a hostelry. I've got some ideas, but I need to go and check them. I've been moving work premises and there has been a lot to do to fix-up the building so since the end of August I have only had one Saturday and one Sunday off. Long days and nights, 7 days a week, have meant that I have not been able to research the rally. I'll be taking it a bit easier after next Sunday, 26th October, so will chase-up the accommodation location then.

I'm looking forward to next May!

I'll speak to Mrs Guzzirider and hopefully get the time booked off work!

You better!

The Bank Holiday date was set for you! ;)

David, if I'm got it right, we have a date but not a place yet? Isn't?:huh:

What's the mildest (weather) coast the east or the west one?

The idea to not travel that far form the ferry is good, only if I come it will be from the ferry from France.

And I think you guys mean the ferry from England.

The mildest coast is the east. We will stay in the north-east of the country. In some earlier posts and different threads I gave ideas of the areas that I would like to concentrate on. Antrim coast road; around Strangford Lough / County Down / Mournes; possibly the Sperrin Mountains area. Will decide those details later. Some people will get the ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland. You could take the ferry to North of England, as before, and then go to Stranraer or Cairnryan in Scotland. It is also possible to cross from France to Ireland or from France to England and then go through Wales to get another ferry.

There is no place yet. In November I hope to get time to find a good place.

D

Antonio / Jaap- you are most welcome to stay over at our place on route if that helps.

We will either ride to Angelsey and get the ferry to Dublin, then head North, or maybe go up to Stranraer and cross to Belfast.

Angelsey gets my vote because I would rather do more riding in Ireland. Best to make sure ferry docks in Dublin outside of rush hour cos the traffic is bad.

I was amazed a few weeks back how much better the roads are in the republic now- the EU cash is making a difference- in fact the roads are now better than round here!

Antonio / Jaap- you are most welcome to stay over at our place on route if that helps.

We will either ride to Angelsey and get the ferry to Dublin, then head North, or maybe go up to Stranraer and cross to Belfast.

Angelsey gets my vote because I would rather do more riding in Ireland. Best to make sure ferry docks in Dublin outside of rush hour cos the traffic is bad.

I was amazed a few weeks back how much better the roads are in the republic now- the EU cash is making a difference- in fact the roads are now better than round here!

Road from Dublin to the North is now very good and quick.

As said before, I'll be there. I'll probably take the two ferries and do some touring in Scotland and/or NI before or after the meeting. The way it is now, I'll take the GF with me. (I hope neither of us will change our mind)

good idea maybe we can hook up with this much notice should be able to do something

Thanks for the offer Guy, let me think about it.

Of the records, the ferry from France is the most economy way to travel across "La Manche"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm creating a site where I can put information about the 2009 meeting – 'Moto Guzzi Ulster Rally 2009'

Information, maps, photos, videos can be added, for those who want to explore the area, prior to getting here.

Website options that I have looked at require viewers to become members or 'users' and to log-in, rather than just go to the site and view it.

In the end, I've gone with Google Sites and I'm trying to find out how it works. Any feedback to help this process is very welcome

The site is www.belfastguzzi.com

You can sign in to the domain at:

EDIT

no sign-in now. Go to

homepage: http://sites.google.com/a/belfastguzzi.com/www/

At the moment there are a few pages about the May meeting. The content is just there to get started. It will be added to or altered as I find out how it works.

Thanks