rear drive seal

docc

aww, shucks. :blush:

I think I may have only ever done a couple things at all meaningful. There was that photoblockit thing. And the time we got lingpingpinged.

Otherwise, you guys are the best.  There is no doubt, without this community, I really probably would have just a 1/6 scale Guzzi by now.

And some pictures of the Sport "I used to have" on the wall.

:nerd::luigi:  =  :race::bier: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Two different members have offered to send me these bolts. As always, :notworthy:  you guys absolutely rock! :thumbsup:

So, after two weeks with these ordered from Dealer#2, he was informed that they are on backorder (at MGNA) meaning they must come from Italy; three to six (more) weeks. "Nah, never mind."

I called Dealer#1 back as I had learned they did receive one of the bolts. The regular guys were out sick, so I regaled the nice lady with my plan to hijack a LearJet and steal a Bentley to come get the bolt. :sun:

She got a good laugh, then spent about an hour, found the piece, put it in an envelope, and emailed me a tracking number!

Things are looking up!  Thanks, again, to everyone that has reached out to bail me out! :thumbsup:

The nefarious rear shaft pinch bolt finally arrived and does not match the originals. Rather than mix two different fasteners, I fastidiously prepared and installed the originals.

IMG_4290.jpg

aaah . . . the classic Moto Guzzi race paint, "zinc chromate!"   The lore suggests that Ing. Guilio Carcano was so obsessed with weight on the race bikes, he forbade painting. The concession was made to protect some of the alloy bodywork with (*perhaps* military surplus aviation) primer.

So, your DoD nomenclature is appropriate!  :thumbsup:

Another steeped part of docc's Tenni-wanna-be plain-ol'-silver Sport . . . :mg:

• Like 1

Another steeped part of docc's Tenni-wanna-be plain-ol'-silver Sport . . .  :mg:

Yeah, those plain ol silver sports are common as dirt. I saw one in Wisconsin last year..  :grin:

• Like 1

Mugs, Rubber, Mad Officers for the use of.

I've come back to this several times and remain a bit mystified . . .

Kinda reminds me of some of the "translations" in my V11 Workshop and Owner's Manuals . . . :blink:

Mugs, Rubber, Mad Officers for the use of.

Just a rather cheesy continuation of the DoD nomencleture sub thread.

As if Lewis Carroll had been working for the Ministry of Defense . . .  "curiouser and curiouser . . . "

Nice pitcher, Docc..  :thumbsup:  

Back in the day when I used to go to w ww wwwork.. there was a power line from the main plant to the guard shack that had a row of Nighthawks sitting sideways on the wire. Every morning. About 60 feet long. Never did figure that one out, and too stupid to bring a camera and take a picture.