Been said before... F_U_C_K IT'S QUIET!

Might I suggest starting at page 1 on the global warming thread. Read in it's entirety, I imagine it should keep you busy for roughly 6-8 weeks. Then, compose an executive summary and report back. :grin: I think that will explain some of the reasons things turned out the way they did.

Meanwhile, in sunny Southern California, with no forseeable end to the workday, my attention is drawn to a flickering "Beer Low" light that is only gaining intensity. May all of our more easterly friends out there be enjoying their post-week pints as we speak. :bier:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think jaap s right he has to clean up the blood and although sometimes entertaining how can u trust the information of someone who never admits he could be wrong. His posts were mind numbingly long and the insults and sarcasm was often undeserved--- move on

Sitting in a hotel room in hong kong, 3 in the morning local, watching fishing show on discovery.

Saw the red hot chilli peppers yesterday on the first date of their tour. Brilliant.

Home tomorrow, hosting a dogshow in our village festival on Saturday(bizarrely), tenni's doing the misfiring thing at 3000 rpm, trying the various suggestions, nothing yet.

I can see plenty of pints of black stuff Saturday night. Haven't been home in a week, reckon I deserve it!

Haven't been in the home.

Hosting a festival on 'the discovery of 3 mis-suggestions'.

I can see plenty of nothing in a week, yet... on Saturday morning saw the local Tennis firing fish (at 3000 rpm). The Saturday night: watching their touring show thing.

Brilliant: the first date yesterday. How? Bizarrely trying on the various dogs in our village, in a hotel room (doing pints of hong kong black stuff).

Tomorrow: the home, sitting in red hot chilli peppers.

Reckon I deserve it!

Busy, editing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Dave.

When reading it in bed I started laughing and woke the Mrs up.

I tries to blame you, but she wouldn't listen.

It wasn't easy, I can tell you, but I got there I'm the end: every word accounted for. What's more, it's all true!

Haven't been in the home.

Hosting a festival on 'the discovery of 3 mis-suggestions'.

I can see plenty of nothing in a week, yet... on Saturday morning saw the local Tennis firing fish (at 3000 rpm). The Saturday night: watching their touring show thing.

Brilliant: the first date yesterday. How? Bizarrely trying on the various dogs in our village, in a hotel room (doing pints of hong kong black stuff).

Tomorrow: the home, sitting in red hot chilli peppers.

Reckon I deserve it!

Busy, editing.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

• 1 month later...

Its really quiet tonight as well. What are you all up to ?

In the UK we are having odd weather. Rode to work in the fog this morning and nearly froze to death. Rode home in 27 degrees of sunshine and sweated my nuts off. October tommorrow. What's going on ?

The wife and I have not ridden in about a month, ever since we got back from the Indy MotoGP.

The weather has been cr@p.

We found some incredible roads in eastern Ohio and can't wait to return. Maybe in Oct.

The wife and I have not ridden in about a month, ever since we got back from the Indy MotoGP.

The weather has been cr@p.

We found some incredible roads in eastern Ohio and can't wait to return. Maybe in Oct.

We have been forecast 29 degrees tomorrow. I am planning abuse of some smooth tarmac and twisty bits :race: . Could be the last good weekend before the grey sky closes in for months on end.

Starting to think about lads trip next year. Could be Belgium for beer and fast roads, then Amsterdam and all it's charms, then bol d'or, maybe.

A windmill wot u made?

Why have you included a child in the sale?

I think there's a better chance of selling them separately.

Or, throw the barbecue in with the windmill?

Really warm September, fall lows are in the air now. October is a fine time to run over to the Monashee hills, catch the colours before the snow, bragging rights at the New Denver coffee stop, drop into Idaho and roll the Pend Oreille tributary right to the Montana border. Gotta love fall, you can wear all the gear comfortably and if its dry the corners beckon. The rain a small price to pay for clear roads and empty campsites. I like what the water does- making you ride smoother, tuned to the line in a different way than when traction isnt such an issue. Weird, low mileage year for me, maybe 5000km, too involved, head jammed with the busy bullshit of the urban everyday. Now with Autumns windy roll, my raingear on, water bouncing off my helmet, I watch the rivers rise and marvel at the quiet.

Ahh, that sounds good, Mr Monkey, apart from the busy everyday busy, busy business. It's been a weird old year for me too and it feels like something of a wet and windy one, with a very short summer window, even though we probably had a good amount of dry weather. The past weeks have been very wet with lashing rain and pervasive damp – and winter dark drawing in. Other parts of UK have boasted record sun & heat for this time of the year, but we, along with the Scottish highlands, always seem to cop the 'weather' in off the Atlantic.