Where are the V11s for sale?

John in Leeds

Just an observation that here in UK there seem to be very few V11s for sale any more. I regularly have look round sites like ebay and MCN but currently nothing. Could it be that they have all found good loving homes? Could it be that they no longer infuriate as a heap of expensive unreliable garbage and must therefore be disposed of a quickly as possible? :unsure:

My RC is still a total delight and keeps me a-wheel whilst my other bikes are being less than co-operative. It cannot be that other owners are having a similar renaissance, can it? Strange :cheese:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that have them now probably realize how good they are 10 years later. I imagine the type that bought them expecting something other than what they are have already bought and sold their V11 experiment, writing them off as heavy and unreliable. Those in the know aren't very interested in selling. There is a similar problem with 80 series Land Cruisers and hard-body style Nissan pickups here in the US. Blue book has them cheap, but good luck finding one for sale in any kind of decent shape, and if you do you'll pay much more than they are listed for.

I dunno about anyone else but mine's a keeper. Maybe they've all just eventually ended up with owner's who feel the same way - as Felix42o says above - maybe after 10 yrs their values are more ovbvious - the last of the old-school Guzzis.

KB :sun:

I dunno about anyone else but mine's a keeper. Maybe they've all just eventually ended up with owner's who feel the same way - as Felix42o says above - maybe after 10 yrs their values are more ovbvious - the last of the old-school Guzzis.

KB :sun:

Sure thing - keeper - the last of the last of the old-school Guzzi's! :rasta:

Nearly every time I've run into someone that has owned one and sold it, they express at least some regret for having gotten rid of it. So, always one to try and learn from others mistakes, I'll be keeping mine as long as possible. :thumbsup:

Nearly every time I've run into someone that has owned one and sold it, they express at least some regret for having gotten rid of it. So, always one to try and learn from others mistakes, I'll be keeping mine as long as possible. :thumbsup:

Got mine last week , a super nice 2003 Rosso Corsa with just 4k miles from the original owner... I could not be happier!!! This one is a keeper!

Count me in that group. I regret selling my Rosso Corsa. What could I have been thinking? I will be back in the V11 fold before long. Will probably end up with a new Norge as well.

30_3-2.jpg

I think that many owners are happy with their V11s and can't see anything else they would rather have. I know Helen loves her V11 Sport and would be happy to ride it forever.

When I have sold my Triumph I will be in the market for a reasonably priced Ohlins shod V11 if anyone knows of one for sale. Don't mind if its tatty or thrashed because it is for a project.

Cheers

Guy

Count me in that group. I regret selling my Rosso Corsa. What could I have been thinking? I will be back in the V11 fold before long. Will probably end up with a new Norge as well.

30_3-2.jpg

Yeah, that was a really nice bike you had...and with that sweet tail rack as well! Ah well...you'll find another one soon enough.

Just snagged a "like new condition" Coppa Italia off ebay from forum member Foggy95. Thanks John. :bier: This one won't be sold again in my lifetime. Doesn't help you guys overseas, but there is a really nice Rosso Corsa, Tenni, and '02 LeMans on ebay right now.

KGrHqYOKnUE4LE9rpBBOOy6msrQ0_3.jpg

Just snagged a "like new condition" Coppa Italia off ebay from forum member Foggy95. Thanks John. :bier: This one won't be sold again in my lifetime. Doesn't help you guys overseas, but there is a really nice Rosso Corsa, Tenni, and '02 LeMans on ebay right now.

Congratulations! Had that bike on my eBay watch list, I wondered how high the bids would go. On July 1st I purchased a 2004 Cafe Sport on eBay.

That's the way to cause pain :grin:

Good on yer :thumbsup: