Where are the V11s for sale?

John in Leeds

. . . . I've had motorcycles of various types since my teens so what would I want now, MV, another GS another Honda? Why on earth would I want to do that when I know apart from a brief pleasure in the excitement of the new there would be a lasting regret at parting with a motorcycle that is 'right' for me. . . .

This is exactly what I realized when I sold my Rosso Corsa, which was the bike of my dreams. I regretted it. Which is why I went back to another "love at first sight," the Coppa Italia, which has again satisfied my desires for the one perfect bike for me. I may end up with a new Stelvio, a Sport or a Norge, but I'll keep the V11 for the long haul and won't make that mistake again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bikes get under your skin and stay. Nice to be on something you dont pass by everyday. Nicer yet to haul up beside some nancy on a duck or some overdressed glistening adventure thing, my tent and stove on the back, clearcoat peeling due to birds entrails on the fairing and a couple months away yet from the annual bath (whether needed or not).

Got more Km than most of the collector plated bikes too. One day I will rebuild her, upgrade the suspension, maybe even paint! Now though she runs strong and puts my mind where it should be when on a bike. That is the magic of Mandello for me, 4th gear to 6500 knock her into 5th and roll em on- and still people walk up and state they have never heard of them! Too fun to sell, tickles my bones this ride does. The V11 and the Pan are the most entertaining bikes I have owned, to part with them would just be silly. Excelsior-59-1 Manxman.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think that many owners are happy with their V11s and can't see anything else they would rather have. I know Helen loves her V11 Sport and would be happy to ride it forever.

When I have sold my Triumph I will be in the market for a reasonably priced Ohlins shod V11 if anyone knows of one for sale. Don't mind if its tatty or thrashed because it is for a project.

Cheers

Guy

would that project by any chance be a Ghezzi brian Sport Monza????

The Ercoles are still used by the local authority in Mandello- here is a pic of one taken in 2007.

The two municipal gardeners who were using the Ercole looked like they preferred chatting for ages with locals as opposed to actually doing any work!

314382_10150442727069816_635879815_10881079_1716165522_n.jpg

Guy :helmet:

I tend to agree that I too see fewer of these for sale than I did a few years back. I think I agree with the others regarding the price. I am guessing realistically that mine is worth $3,800-$4,300USD tops. For that money what else could I buy or want for that matter. I "toyed" with buying one of the left-over V7 Cafe's that a dealer had in the states. Nice price but still $4K more than I would get for my bike and then I think.....would I be happy with it? Anyway, I a guess I will be hanging on to mine for a while more!

I also believe that our V11's will be appreciated more (I do not mean be worth more either :>) over the next few years. I really love the lines of the Sport 1100 so much more but then you hear about the transmission is not as good (5 vs 6 speed) and many think it is easier/better/more comfortable to ride too.

Here is mine a she stands at the moment. The older it gets the more I think the stck fairing doesn't look right on it.

IMG_0403.jpg

Regards,

Bob