What do you ride that for?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, what a beauty but why try to pick holes in someone's joy? Just don't get it myself. <_ the only time it would be valid is if bike presented as totally original or to specification i suppose. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_oldgit.gif" alt=":oldgit:">

With regard to the front plate issue, my AJS from 1960 had the plates on the sides of the front mudguard (see Avatar) it did mean that the valances were a little deeper than the sports models.

Back to the original question, if anyone is stupid enough to decry Sonja, I usually reply (with a little smugness) 'no I don't think it would be for you' :grin:

Have faced the same kind of people several times so I'll chime in, too.

One bloke asked: "Why do you ride that mediocre piece of s***"? and I replied: "'Cos that's the bike I want". Period.

Could have bought a 1000cc Japper, an Aprilla Mille or a Duc 999 for the same amount that the Scura costs, but I didn't. I wanted the Scura. Fecking simple, isn't it?

You all have a good one

Cheers

Søren (currently bikeless thanks to a FU'ed clutch.... :bbblll: )

....Søren (currently bikeless thanks to a FU'ed clutch.... :bbblll: )

Hey Soren, tell us about your clutch. KB (currently bikeless thanks to a FU'ed front UJ ..... :bbblll: )

Soren and Keith. Jon Margrave has both a low mileage driveshaft and the twin-plater clutch/flywheel out of his Le Mans that he's wrecking. Both probably absurdly cheap knowing Jon.....

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

...and so on and eventually said, 'what do you ride that for?'...

At least he felt that there is more behind doing it on an Guzzi than just moving another motorcycle.

Hubert

Do you really have to spell it out to them???

In The name of god!

If they dont get it, tell em to @#!#$# OFF!!!

Cheers Guzzler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back to the original question, if anyone is stupid enough to decry Sonja, I usually reply (with a little smugness) 'no I don't think it would be for you' :grin:

Mind if I steal this, for personal non-commercial use only (if I tried it at work I'd be fired)? Excellent line, and I can just hear your tone of voice as you deploy it.