Posting pictures on the forum.

Admin Jaap

DUDE. Thanks.  :thumbsup:   I restored my Greenie Thread. Your son's impromptu application is really cool. But, I wonder leaving the link on a publicly accessible site. It's cool of him to do this for us, but would he want it shared outside this community?

DUDE. Thanks.  :thumbsup:   I restored my Greenie Thread. Your son's impromptu application is really cool. But, I wonder leaving the link on a publicly accessible site. It's cool of him to do this for us, but would he want it shared outside this community?

So, after spending maybe twelve hours restoring a tremendous amount of content on this site, I can say, "This tool really works great!" :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pretty sure he stayed up all night working on it. If you have blocked PhotoBlockit images, use the tool to restore them (here or elsewhere). Let folks know about it on any other sites and forums affected by this action. He's added a "donate" button for those who feel compelled.

:notworthy:            https://fixphotobucket.com/

I feel really good about restoring so much content this quickly.  Thanks, "nicinabox" / V7cafe !

• Like 1

I just restored about forty images in "What did you do to your V11 today?" and am reminded of how much great content we have. So many of Scud's images I restored have multiple likes. Many thanks, again to the developer, :notworthy: nicinabox, and members like   :notworthy:  Scud that have shared soooo much great content!

Again, if you discover one of your images blocked, restore it with https://fixphotobucket.com/. Thanks for helping by restoring your own images!

If it's not your post, pm me and I'll do my best to restore it.

• Like 1

Hey, it's been pretty amazing to manually scroll through so much of what you guys have posted over the last fourteen years! :mg:

I'll just hafta be a little creative when people ask, "So, what did you do on vacation?" :grin:

This new image hosting site is in beta testing and some features are still pending. If you have donated to fixPhotoBucket, you'll get a promo code by email that gives you a free year of hosting.

https://imgzeit.com/signup

*Full disclosure: When PhotoBlockit took so much of my content (and Scud's, and so many others) down, I called my son and asked what to do. He immediately "built" fixPhotoBucket  and has been working to get ImgZeit image hosting service operational since.

*This image hosting site (ImgZeit) is not related to this forum (V11LeMans.com), it's Admins, owners, or any other image hosting entities. It is entirely independent.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we got really fortunate that so many members were "on it" when PhotoBlockit pulled their stunt, and  that "fixPhotoBucket" restored a terrific number of images for us (and many other forums). Good thing we got on it right away because that window of opportunity closed up pretty quickly. Thanks, again, to nicinabox for the support and hard work! :thumbsup:

At this point, many of us are trying to find compatible image hosting at a reasonable cost. Check out this image hosting service (I posted the link in classifieds since this is a paid service on offer, built by my software-engineer son who has the V7Café):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20048

So, we got really fortunate that so many members were "on it" when PhotoBlockit pulled their stunt, and  that "fixPhotoBucket" restored a terrific number of images for us (and many other forums). Good thing we got on it right away because that window of opportunity closed up pretty quickly. Thanks, again, to nicinabox for the support and hard work! :thumbsup:

At this point, many of us are trying to find compatible image hosting at a reasonable cost. Check out this image hosting service (I posted the link in classifieds since this is a paid service on offer, built by my software-engineer son who has the V7Café):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20048

I've signed up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those of us with images still blocked on PhotoBlockit:

Logon to PB, open your "Library", on the right look for "Actions" and "Download Album."

This way you can put the entire Album back on you computer (downloads). I then took large groups of my downloaded PB album (about 90-100 images at a time) and dragged them into ImageZeit as a separate album for future hosting

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-31%20at%206.36.0

• 1 year later...

I have had a longtime struggle with displaying my existing "attachments" images in a new post. Seems the best I can get is a thumbnail. Seems I've done it before, but can't remember how.

Trying to just copy/paste the image,  I get, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

How can this be accomplished?

It's just that my "attachments" are already part of my profile, and I find it so frustrating not to be able to re-post them. :huh2:

Everyone should be aware that image hosting is the way to go. I don't use "attachments" anymore, or even "Gallery." I use imgzeit,

which I trust implicitly (I know the developer *pretty well* ;)) . . .

Still, I have all these V11LM.com "attachments" that I would like to re-post from time-to-time. how can they be recovered and re-posted?

imgzeit works perfectly. :thumbsup: Gallery images as well.

"Attachments" were common local hosting to the site early on. Size and volume limitations made that  obsolete after a time, but I still have a lot of images in my profile (click "Edit my Profile", then in "Profile Settings" -> "Manage Attachments").

Once I open an image there, I can "Copy Image,"  and it will display in my post draft, but gets blocked attempting to post.