Posting pictures on the forum.

Admin Jaap

what size are you loading to the gallery docc?

Not sure. I've only posted two photos in the "Gallery." The last one looks to be 640x480 ("medium")

I was surprised they loaded to the gallery, but I'd like to know how to make them appear in posts on other parts of the forum?

doctor, is that you in the very nice photo?

Yes, indeed; taken in Sewanee, TN, (near Chattanooga) recently while a few of us were having our way with the hillclimbs around there.

• 10 months later...

Photobucket has changed policy and we are now missing photos from anyone using their free service. Chuck just nudged my off it last week - to a Flickr account. I suppose I could go back and update links in a few key topics... but gosh, it would take a while to get to everything.

FWIW, I've been trying to upload images directly to this site (via attachment or gallery) when they are "how-to" or technical, or I think they might be useful to someone in future. The ubiquitous and gratuitous photos of my motorcycles in mountains? Well, I'm sure there will be more in future.

Wild Guzzi has enabled a service that allows direct upload while posting:  http://imgbb.com/

So... before I spend much time migrating to Flickr... what about smugmug? or amazon web services? or dropbox, or other?

I don't trust Dropbox.

Flickr is owned by Yahoo. While Yahoo has had some problems it seems to have enough inertia to keep going for a while.

I don't like the interface of Smugmug.

I don't yay hoo, but.. Flickr has been good. They have disabled their photo editing, so you have to do it on your fone or computer if you don't like what you see. 

Edit: I fooled around with Google/Picassa pix for a couple of hours and couldn't make it work here. Of course, I'm not exactly a computer whiz.. :cheese:

Don't trust Dropbox?  I've found DB to be extremely easy to use and reliable as a big metal hammer (Guzzi content).  I do have the paid version and no it's not particularly cheap.

Big hammer?? Now we're talking.  :grin:  A guy from a museum sent me a bunch of pictures of an antique airplane like the one I'm restoring, and I had to download Dropbox to see them. I'll give it a look.

Edit:

Don't see any way of sharing the pix..

If you want to share pictures, they need to be in the "Public" folder in Dropbox.  Once the pix is there, you right click it and select "Share Public Link".  Then open the forum image popup, and paste the name there.  The public folder in dropbox allows folders in folders, so you can group pix by event or even by which forum they are posted to. Don't know if this all works on the free version, I have the $ version.

BTW, if they are in the public folder, people looking at them don't need a Dropbox account.  So the guy who sent you the Airplane pix should have moved them to a public folder, then sent you the dropbox link and you would have been able to look at them with any browser.