What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Franz Schubert Piano sonata #20 accompanied a recent gearbox rebuild, along with some Primal Scream, Stones and various early R&B masterpieces😊 Sadly Franz predated YouTube by a while…..

the very best upgrade last autumn was extending Roon to the workshop!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gritman said:

Franz Schubert Piano sonata #20 accompanied a recent gearbox rebuild, along with some Primal Scream, Stones and various early R&B masterpieces😊 Sadly Franz predated YouTube by a while…..

the very best upgrade last autumn was extending Roon to the workshop!

How did you perform this "extension," might I ask?

Hi @docc are you familiar with Roon? I used a raspberry pi with a hifiberry DAC onto an old NAD 306 & Bose accoustimass5’s. Brilliant, and most importantly, cheap! 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Gritman said:

Hi @docc are you familiar with Roon? I used a raspberry pi with a hifiberry DAC onto an old NAD 306 & Bose accoustimass5’s. Brilliant, and most importantly, cheap! 

I knew when I asked that I would be instantly in over my head.

Anything beyond hammers and slip-joint pliers is out of my pay grade . . . :huh:

Just now, docc said:

Anything beyond hammers and slip-joint pliers is out of my pay grade . . . :huh:

We gotta keep up with the tech @docc!

• Haha 1
Just now, Gritman said:

O, and of course used a broadband extender to get a decent connection to the domestic network….

That is what I am after to extend the range of my Wi-Fi router to the new shop area!

39 minutes ago, Gritman said:

a raspberry pi with a hifiberry DAC onto an old NAD 306 & Bose accoustimass5’s.

36 minutes ago, docc said:

Translation:

raspberry pi: a very cheap computer platform with which one who is in the know (i.e. not me...) can construct useful things.

hifiberry DAC: a sound card for the aforementioned computer platform.

NAD 306: a relatively good, if a little old, hi-fi amplifier

Bose Acoustimass: a loudspeaker system from Bose. Works well enough for "sound in the air", but not what I would choose for analytic listening. In "professional circles" I once heard the line "no highs, no lows, must be Bose", but I try not to be predjudiced. B)

2 hours ago, Gritman said:

Franz Schubert Piano sonata #20...

Sadly Franz predated YouTube by a while…..

But some people still play his music. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1