Champagne wishes...

Scud

Well Chuck, to each their own.  I think I would have put black gaiters on the Aero Lario.  But if you want some audacious... I put the side-stand on and wheeled this one out into the sun.

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG-5886.jpg

...and now that cylinder head paint doesn't look so good...

• Like 1

Haha, I had to laugh reading that as, "I wheelied this one out into the sun." :grin:

Or would that be spelled "wheelie-ed?" . . . wheely'd?

Haha, I had to laugh reading that as, "I wheelied this one out into the sun." :grin:

Or would that be spelled "wheelie-ed?" . . . wheely'd?

I wheely don't know, docc. It's still going to be a while till this is a runner. 

at least you are a domestic(ated?) hero having evacuated your daughter's room of Guzzi parts.

I have boys, so they would be perfectly content to co-habitate with motorcycle parts! :luigi::lol:

Well Chuck, to each their own.  I think I would have put black gaiters on the Aero Lario.

But..but..they were ON SALE, with FREE SHIPPING.. (Guzzi Content) and a better than expected color match.

Grumble grumble.. great artists are never understood.

I Shirley don't need to tell you that it's a slippery slope, man..? :)

The red is a surprisingly good match. That's hard to do. Especially with free shipping...

And surely you jest. I live on the slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These bikes are meant to be personalized . Someone said , " the only reason these bikes come assembled is to make sure you get all the parts " .

• Like 3

Well Chuck, to each their own.  I think I would have put black gaiters on the Aero Lario.  But if you want some audacious... I put the side-stand on and wheeled this one out into the sun.

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG-5886.jpg

Looking good, Scud! Looking good!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5951.jpg

Engine cases all painted. That leaves the block, and maybe the heads (since the silver paint is bubble-peeling on fins).

Interestingly, the upper sump ring had silver paint under the wrinkle paint. Must have been a re-paint at the factory. Twice the stripping fun for me...

Popped the clutch in - with alternating original and stiffer springs. Lesson learned on my last clutch mis-adventure. Hopefully this one will be a one-shot deal.

IMG_5960.jpg

And I slipped on the slippery slope... engine stripping in process.

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

The engine looks brand new inside. Gears and chain look great, heads are barely even discolored. Bore marks still visible in the cylinder walls.